21 | Sergio Gomez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really surprised we haven’t seen more of Wilson-Esbrand who I think looks stronger defensively. Early days with Gomez but he certainly can’t defend.

Really surprised we haven’t seen more of Wilson-Esbrand who I think looks stronger defensively. Early days with Gomez but he certainly can’t defend.
I was surprised he didn't get a go last night. We didn't need to win that game and down to 10 men perfect opportunity to test him out.

Not that big a reason - he's missed 6 games this season due to injury

He's playing a big role off the pitch based on what their fans are saying and how much he's being plastered over their social media with celebrations and little moments of leadership.

If Arsenal get anywhere near us it'll be because Zin and Jesus carry their dressing room along with them reenacting the kind of high standards they're used to at City.

He's a massive loss to our club, but that's not got anything to do with Gomez!

'He's learning' 'be patient' 'Zinchenko was similar' 'give it a year'... excuses..excuses. he doesnt have what it takes to be a left back at City, he's an attacking midfielder, decent passer but lacks defensive instincts. Physically hes too small, one shoulder barge and hes taken out of the equation.

I assumed this comment was satire because this is literally word for word the same shit that was written about Zinchenko for 2 years.

"He's an attacking midfielder" "decent passer can't defend" "too small".

'He's learning' 'be patient' 'Zinchenko was similar' 'give it a year'... excuses..excuses.

If it were up to you we’d have sold Rodri, Gündogan, Grealish, Mahrez, Zinchenko, Aké, Rodri, Cancelo after their first season too.

Imagine thinking a 21 /22 year old bedding in to the best team in the world is an “excuse”.

The same shit is trotted out any time a player has a bad game, makes a mistake, misses a pen, etc.

Some right bellends on here.

People decided Gomez couldn't defend before he arrived, so they're putting down any mistakes to some incurable inability to defend instead of maybe a 21 year old who's starting his 3rd game in a new system that has very different requirements to what Anderlecht needed from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.