21 | Sergio Gomez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest worry with him is that you get the sense that he is a red card waiting to happen. Like when he accidentally tripped Ziyech. And the red card he already got against Copenhagen. You don't get that feeling with Rico for example.

Absofuckinglutely.

I used to cringe when Zin played. He didn’t have the strength or speed to defend and he didn’t have the ability to get to the by-line. The only place he looked at home was dropping into the midfield position from fullback Pep likes. His best 3 games were when he was going.

Not good enough as a left back or a wing back.

Certainly not the option for our midfielder which was his favoured position.
When we wanted to rest Rodri people said use Zinchenko as he IS a Midfielder and can do job. Fans wanted Zinchenko as DM and now they miss him as LB. It's all bcoz Arsenal are top. I doubt people have checked his injury record this season

What Gomez does show is the benefit of fielding a natural left-footed player in that position, especially one who is capable of providing an attacking threat. Alas, his current physical and defensive deficiencies make him an obvious target for opponents.

I would imagine he will continue to play in Cup matches and make League appearances from the bench, but the long search (quest?) for a viable alternative continues.

What Gomez does show is the benefit of fielding a natural left-footed player in that position, especially one who is capable of providing an attacking threat. Alas, his current physical and defensive deficiencies make him an obvious target for opponents.

I would imagine he will continue to play in Cup matches and make League appearances from the bench, but the long search (quest?) for a viable alternative continues.

I hope he plays tomorrow.

He gives us an overlapping option on the left, is quick, technical and has vision. He is also learning the LB position, which is different in our team. I hope he plays tomorrow and shows us, and Pep, more of what he can do.

Technically superb-like Zinchenko early in his career, dodgy at the back. V easy on the eye though with his first touch and sharp passing.

His delivery/crossing is superior to Cancelo and he certainly can’t be any worse defensively

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.