21 | Sergio Gomez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had more touches than any other player on our team, and he doesn't even ever play. That alone should tell you a lot about a player. In the past, he played well against Seville away, Rags at home, and Chelsea in the Cup. He had a few poor performances when our entire team was poor. Later, he barely had any chances. Today was the first time he played from the start and a full match since, what, October? A young lad with a huge ceiling. Happy to be here despite the limited time, he is a Blue, and people casually offend him. I don't get why people are not cheering for him. Once he actually gets more chances, a full pre-season, etc., he will thrive in this team, wait and see.

He got a bit of stick on social media but thought he was good he made maybe 2/3 mistakes but seeing he has hardly played he did well! I expected more from Walker can’t cross hot headed and average for an experience player.. he probably has one more season with us then off to his home team if they want him..

I said much the same today about Kyle Walker but think a move may well happen at the end of this season rather than next.

I thought he was great. He's a brave , confident and positive young player. I wish a few others looked for the ball as much as he does. He might make a few mistakes but I'd take that if Pep's happy with him.

I thought he showed a bit of promise today. Particularly more advanced when he pushed up into the middle and final third. He’s still very young and will learn but there’s something there to work with. I don’t think he’s a left back, but he has a bit of versatility and could pinch hit in a few different positions as a squad player.

Was alright in possession today.

The one bit of defending he had to do resulted in him passing it to McBurnie but progress is progress.

I’ve seen a lot of praise for him today. I must have watched a different game because I simply saw a poor man’s zinchenko.

There's some hard to please on here, I thought he was one of our better players, by a distance his best game, how many has he started and completed.

When he does get on, it's usually when a game is won, and he ends up with our lesser players.

He's still only 22 (slightly younger than Foden), and we paid next to nothing (in these times) for him.

Mediocre first half.

Notably improved second half.

He hardly plays for us so perhaps those struggles first half should be expected, I'm just having trouble seeing where he would play for us.

I don't think he is good enough defensively as a left back, even inverted, as many even had there issues with Zinny defensively.

His crossing was pretty bad first half, could get better and be jitters. Can he be a midfielder in more attacking positions? Some comments above seem to think that suits him better and perhaps that's true. I just don't see him as a leftback at all, completely lacks defensive instincts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.