21 | Sergio Gomez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good on the ball but needs more aggression. Expect a big improvement next season in line with most pep signings.
I doubt he will be at the club next season,he's nowhere near good enough in my opinion. He's certainly not a defender & doesn't really offer very much in midfield. His passes are mostly 10 yard very predictable who just filters the ball to other players.
Not really one for a tackle & poor at crossing.
Not for me.

He's no worse than Zin was initially. Even now, Zinchenko is weak as a defensive LB. Southampton showed that on Friday. People really seemed to put Zin on a pedestal when he left. He was a top pro, excellent in possession and helped us beat Villa in the last game. But he'd been a liability in some of the league games before that! Gomez is certainly not better than him, but it's early days so we'll have to give him time. On the ball he was very good on Saturday. He didn't link up particularly well with Grealish, but early days there.

I agree mate. I just think equally people are overreacting to Gomez’s performance on Saturday. We were playing a championship side and even then he looked suspect to me. I hope he improves too and like you say it is early he days and he’s young-ish. Let’s see.

Left back gets injured, Pep brings on a right back.

Not a particularly big deal tactically today with a flexible back three, but Gomez must be seriously wondering just why City signed him.

Taxi booked for the summer.

We have at least 3 on the bench that Pep will not trust in meaningful games/periods.

At our level,thats not good enough.

Most depth squad in the Prem.....do me a favour.

This kid is on cloud nine.

Asking his brother to bring him a city shirt and then winning the league with his team a decade later!

Almost scored today, 91,1% passing rate, 2 tackles, 1 clearance, 1 interception, and 1 key pass. Keeping it factual because he gets a lot of unnecessary hate here. It was an ok showing, he clearly lacks confidence, obviously. In that regard, he reminds me of Kalvin. I think there is a potential for both to do well if given more of a chance. Sergio has age on his side as well. I hope he plays on Wednesday without the pressure and shows more of his actual ability.

Almost scored today, 91,1% passing rate, 2 tackles, 1 clearance, 1 interception, and 1 key pass. Keeping it factual because he gets a lot of unnecessary hate here. It was an ok showing, he clearly lacks confidence, obviously. In that regard, he reminds me of Kalvin. I think there is a potential for both to do well if given more of a chance. Sergio has age on his side as well. I hope he plays on Wednesday without the pressure and shows more of his actual ability.
He was good today. But I think he'll be loaned out in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.