21 | Sergio Gomez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His on ball technical ability is so strong that I want to see how he develops in the squad going forward. Defensive recovery and functional play strength are the two things he really needs to work on.
That's because he's a winger playing at being a full back.

I’ve seen a lot of praise for him today. I must have watched a different game because I simply saw a poor man’s zinchenko.
Another Zinchenko mention as if he was uprooting some trees in first season and as if fans didn't want him sold or being played as DM Or wanting a new LB because he couldn't hack it at LB

No I agree with most of what you say. I just think Gomez is worse.

He's no worse than Zin was initially. Even now, Zinchenko is weak as a defensive LB. Southampton showed that on Friday. People really seemed to put Zin on a pedestal when he left. He was a top pro, excellent in possession and helped us beat Villa in the last game. But he'd been a liability in some of the league games before that! Gomez is certainly not better than him, but it's early days so we'll have to give him time. On the ball he was very good on Saturday. He didn't link up particularly well with Grealish, but early days there.

he is very good on the ball. technicaly on a high level. the only thing I would critisize is that he seems very one footed. even short passes, he only uses his left which makes him more predictable.

Good on the ball but needs more aggression. Expect a big improvement next season in line with most pep signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.