21 | Sergio Gomez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
People might not be aware of this, but there was a time he was regarded as one the most talented players of his generation. One of the best La Masia prospects, signed by Dortmund, developed by Vinny at Anderlecht, won player of the season. There is a reason why he is here, and many others were sold/not chosen instead. I trust that Pep and the team knows better, and since he is getting some game time here and there, it means Pep sees something in him. I do too, sure, defensively he is not there yet, but his technical ability, pausa, passing, crossing is all excellent. Besides, he is happy to be at Man City with his limited game time, he is a childhood fan, we can't have a whole squad of world class, established players. Some are up and coming young talents, so let's give them time. I am sure we will offload him if Pep sees no improvement, but I think he might surprise a few next season.

He had a difficult start and didn’t get the chance to establish himself. It is hard to join a side aiming for the top honours, I think he will get his chances next season, same applies to Phillips, takes time to adjust to Pep’s philosophy and City’s superstars.

People might not be aware of this, but there was a time he was regarded as one the most talented players of his generation. One of the best La Masia prospects, signed by Dortmund, developed by Vinny at Anderlecht, won player of the season. There is a reason why he is here, and many others were sold/not chosen instead. I trust that Pep and the team knows better, and since he is getting some game time here and there, it means Pep sees something in him. I do too, sure, defensively he is not there yet, but his technical ability, pausa, passing, crossing is all excellent. Besides, he is happy to be at Man City with his limited game time, he is a childhood fan, we can't have a whole squad of world class, established players. Some are up and coming young talents, so let's give them time. I am sure we will offload him if Pep sees no improvement, but I think he might surprise a few next season.

He was....then Barca sold him to Dortmund and they in turn sold him to Anderlecht where he found his feet,as a left wing back rather than his initial position of attacker,and at a lower level.

He isn't a bad player,he is a half decent winger....but he'll never be a left back in this team.

Very accomplished performance today, twisting and turning players while in possession, active offensively, always available for a pass, displaying good passing range, great positional awareness, and decent defending. Obviously, he doesn't play regularly, so a bit rusty, but it was a 7/10 performance today. Well done, Sergio!

all I ask for players like him, philipps, palmer is to not look out of place in games like these. to not bring down the team's level. I think he's done exactly that and that already means he brings value to the team, and that's important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.