21 | Sergio Gomez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously only a small cameo in a game that was already won, but still worth saying he looked fine last night. 100% pass completion, a couple of tidy long balls.

I think there's still some potential with this lad. Maybe he'll be gone in the summer but there's an alright player in there. Might get to see a bit more if he starts on Saturday.

Obviously only a small cameo in a game that was already won, but still worth saying he looked fine last night. 100% pass completion, a couple of tidy long balls.

I think there's still some potential with this lad. Maybe he'll be gone in the summer but there's an alright player in there. Might get to see a bit more if he starts on Saturday.
He's another of these modern types that pretend to be fullbacks but are simply midfield players occupying the role. In fact it's become such a normal thing that trying to find a fullback who can defend one on one is almost impossible. If he was a yard quicker he may have a chance but he's not the solution we need there. I have noted that he has an eye for a shot and can cross given the opportunity, but as I allude to, being an attack minded fullback can be a killer if you don't have exceptional recovery pace for transitions.

The problem is searching better player than him and fine being a rotation fighting for his place in starting 11.

I agree, i like the look of him. He looks comfortable carrying the ball and has a nice left foot.

I'd like to see him start on Saturday and that we keep him around next season & hope he can push on.

There's a future city player in him imo, it will just take time.

I think once he gets use to the physicality he will seriously shoot up in usefulness.

His passing is quite pin point, he knows where to position himself to receive the pass, somewhat similar to Perrone, I think they are both future Man City players.

No doubting the kid has some talent,and can play a bit.....it just shouldn't be at left back for Manchester City.

As an attacking midielder,his natural position,it's a definite maybe.

He's another of these modern types that pretend to be fullbacks but are simply midfield players occupying the role. In fact it's become such a normal thing that trying to find a fullback who can defend one on one is almost impossible. If he was a yard quicker he may have a chance but he's not the solution we need there. I have noted that he has an eye for a shot and can cross given the opportunity, but as I allude to, being an attack minded fullback can be a killer if you don't have exceptional recovery pace for transitions.

Not sure If Zinchenko is faster than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.