21 | Sergio Gomez - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think if played in his best position he's a better footballer.
Again we have better players in his natural position hence playing him as a auxilary full back as a squad player. Pep may start using his substitutes more this season and he'll get more of a look in but he too needs to be playong regular football.

Again we have better players in his natural position hence playing him as a auxilary full back as a squad player. Pep may start using his substitutes more this season and he'll get more of a look in but he too needs to be playong regular football.
I can remember maybe a handful (?) of times Zinchenko got to play in midfield, the reason for that is he was never going to get ahead of any of the guys we had there or even brought in. Like you, i don't think Gomez will be good enough to get ahead of any of the 8's and i really don't think he has what we require in the wing position either. So can he get a spot at LB? I honestly can't see it, but then i never thought Ake would become a key member of the starting 11 so who the fuck knows what Pep is cookin'.

I can remember maybe a handful (?) of times Zinchenko got to play in midfield, the reason for that is he was never going to get ahead of any of the guys we had there or even brought in. Like you, i don't think Gomez will be good enough to get ahead of any of the 8's and i really don't think he has what we require in the wing position either. So can he get a spot at LB? I honestly can't see it, but then i never thought Ake would become a key member of the starting 11 so who the fuck knows what Pep is cookin'.
Looks as weak as Zinchenko at full back (especially's Pep's version)

Seems a good kid but that is the way it is especially with Pep not rotating much.
Pep rotated a lot last 1/2 thirds of last season he went so many games without repeating the same 11 once. He even tells how he needs to be constantly rotating players in big teams like CIty to manage egos.

Pep rotated a lot last 1/2 thirds of last season he went so many games without repeating the same 11 once. He even tells how he needs to be constantly rotating players in big teams like CIty to manage egos.
Still not enough game time for him to stick around or for him to be trusted more especially when Pep doesn't make many substitutes. Although it is still a little early but Rico Lewis looks like he can settle into the first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.