21 | Sergio Gomez - 2023/24

Class assist yesterday. Was one of the best players in the U21 Euros this summer. Can just tell that this is one of the players that will look so much better in his second season for Pep. Can play both wings and midfield, great squad player
His move on the left to set up the assist reminded me of Zinchenko setting up Rodri on the final day in 2022

So is he a winger now? He ain’t a defender so get him involved. Lovely play for haalands 3rd.
He's always been a winger. VK moved him to LB and City rolled with it for a year. I think Pep was already reconsidering the move back to his natural position but the U21 Euros could not have come at a better time for him. I've said my piece about him not being at the level as a LB. As a wide forward I must say he could be a healthy asset and squad option going forward.
On a side note, to see how happy he was in celebrating the goal from his assist made my day. As did Erling's reaction. I think one of the most understated things about our squad is what a tight bunch they are and the level of genuine support they show one another. Credit to the club for the type of lads they bring in, huge credit to Pep for maintaining this atmosphere while at the same time demanding a lot from his players while literally rotating A-level players who would never come off the pitch elsewhere, and credit to the players themselves...
For me it makes supporting this club all the more enjoyable...just sayin'...

I like the fact that the club have given him 'move of the match' for his assist for Haalands 3rd

Might just give him that bit of confidence that he's needed

Also noticed they put him Dokus highlights from Saturday and describe them as 'electric'

Quite a clever move from whoever controls the marketing etc to acknowledge the younger players when they play a key part

He's always been a winger. VK moved him to LB and City rolled with it for a year. I think Pep was already reconsidering the move back to his natural position but the U21 Euros could not have come at a better time for him. I've said my piece about him not being at the level as a LB. As a wide forward I must say he could be a healthy asset and squad option going forward.
On a side note, to see how happy he was in celebrating the goal from his assist made my day. As did Erling's reaction. I think one of the most understated things about our squad is what a tight bunch they are and the level of genuine support they show one another. Credit to the club for the type of lads they bring in, huge credit to Pep for maintaining this atmosphere while at the same time demanding a lot from his players while literally rotating A-level players who would never come off the pitch elsewhere, and credit to the players themselves...
For me it makes supporting this club all the more enjoyable...just sayin'...
One thing I noticed after Pep came in was there was clearly an instruction that when a goal is scored, everyone but the keeper has to celebrate it together. I get the feeling that before Pep, this was never really the case, and while sometimes it would happen naturally, it was often only the nearby players who would celebrate with the scorer/assister.

In fact, I remember Pep talking one time when we won a trophy about the importance of giving time for celebrations even though we had another game coming up. It's genuinely good advice for life in general, because people are often far too focused on the next thing that they fail to acknowledge what they've achieved.

Great cameo by him . He's like Cancelo without the pout. I'd like to see him in that position again as he unlocked their defence in a heartbeat.
Definitely a good option off the bench and for rotation. Obviously Grealish will start most of the time there but definitely good for Haaland having someone who can put in a good ball quickly with his left peg. As seen on Saturday and against the scum last season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.