21 | Sergio Gomez - 2023/24

Thought he was great playing the wide fullback we asked Walker to do.

As mentioned, he could have easily had 2 assists, maybe 3.

This is what we want from him, slowly overtime being a useful squad player.

In this particular game I think the wide left back role was fine, but id like him to rotate as just a regular LW in the future with more security behind him.

I thought he was a real threat in first half, He could have had himself a few assists if the players had their shooting boots on.

Second half he gave the ball away sloppy on a few occasions. I think once Doku got involved he was always going to be moved wide left with Gomez having to go off.

To be honest it's the usual bollocks on here, If we had of went in 3-0 up at HT which we should have done then there would have been nothing said about Gomez. It's the fact we went behind at HT people were looking for a scapegoat at it was always going to be Gomez.

Some fannies on here.
Spot on. That Gomez was the chosen one just shows a complete misinterpretation of the game.

Thought he played well. Did what he was asked, play high, stretch the pitch, combine with Foden and put crosses in. Unlucky not to get at least an assist.

Some of you are especially harsh on our players that don't usually start.

Did fine and is an asset against sides who have absolutely no attacking threat what so ever, as he plays high and wide and puts decent crosses in

He'll never be a world beater, and people need to understand that not every player needs to be, so long as he serves a purpose in games like last night, and gives one or two others a night off

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.