#22 | Benjamin Mendy - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the point of him? And how have we gone into another season thinking he’s good enough? He’s a downgrade on Kolarov and Clichy, yet cost more than double the pair of them combined. Our recruitment has turned to shit.

What’s the point of him? And how have we gone into another season thinking he’s good enough? He’s a downgrade on Kolarov and Clichy, yet cost more than double the pair of them combined. Our recruitment has turned to shit.
He was brilliant when we signed him.
How did we know he was going to get injured and turn into a snail

Not even completely convinced that he was good enough pre injury, guess we will never know. What I do know is that he is a horrific footballer and no where near good enough for this team.

I just don't have it in me to be angry at him or slag him off like so many of you do, I think it's just sad at this point. It's not like he's putting in 'Kolarov at Southampton' performances, is it. He clearly tries but just can't perform at that Monaco level anymore, it fucks with his confidence and makes him lose focus. We all know this, we can all see it... At this point it's the club's fault for continuing to count on him.

Not even completely convinced that he was good enough pre injury, guess we will never know. What I do know is that he is a horrific footballer and no where near good enough for this team.

I’m with you on that. I didn’t watch Monaco but when he came here he looked a bit of a threat going forward but clearly had work to do

He go injured after only a handful of games due to his own brain dead tackle when we were 3 up so for my money he’s always had question marks

But now, he’s simply not up to it. At least Delph, Zinchenko knew that wasn’t their position so worked on the basics. Assuming Mendy knew the basics to start with, he’s clearly not working on them anymore

It’s criminal after 4 seasons of not having a competent left back, we have gone into another one with the same problem.

Offers nothing going forward, can’t pass properly, can’t recover quickly, slow and cumbersome. He is a terrible player and if he is our number one left back this season we have got big problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.