#22 | Benjamin Mendy - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the point of him? And how have we gone into another season thinking he’s good enough? He’s a downgrade on Kolarov and Clichy, yet cost more than double the pair of them combined. Our recruitment has turned to shit.
Would love the option of peak Clichy in this squad. Most underrated player we have ever had?

He is poor now and we should buy another LB. But, at the same time, he has barely played the last 3 months. Cancelo replaced him at LB in July and he isn't exactly match fit. He was very good against Liverpool in the 4:0 win. He will probably get better as the season progresses, if he stays fit that is.

The injuries are an excuse. He just isn’t and wasn’t ever good enough
Luke shaw, Ben chilwell, Robertson, digne, Davies, Stevens, tierney, lewis, marcal all better
Does any team have a worse left back than mendy????

Utter bullshit. He was incredibly exciting when he joined. I get people don't like him now, as he does look shite, but the revisionism just isn't needed. In his first few games he grabbed loads of assists, bombed forward loads with pace and actually beat people. He was mega useful going forwards and actually had pace too. Injuries have ruined him but I'm so tired of all this nonsense about him always being crap. It's just bollocks.

Its clear that his pace and athleticism is completely gone, he looks very rigid and has no flex in how he can manoeuvre.

It is sad to see, at Monaco he looked like exactly what we needed.

Sadly we probably cant get anyone to take on his wages and the squad restrictions likely mean we cant get anyone else in, unless of course Zinchenko goes then perhaps we can find someone in the last few days of this window.

Can’t understand how we didn’t give Angelino a second chance this summer after his performances for Leipzig last season. Mendys just not got it, shadow of the player who played against us for Monaco.

Utter bullshit. He was incredibly exciting when he joined. I get people don't like him now, as he does look shite, but the revisionism just isn't needed. In his first few games he grabbed loads of assists, bombed forward loads with pace and actually beat people. He was mega useful going forwards and actually had pace too. Injuries have ruined him but I'm so tired of all this nonsense about him always being crap. It's just bollocks.
Completely agree. When Mendy showed up, pre-injury, he looked amazing. I thought he had a legitimate shot at becoming the best left back in the world. That's why it's all such a shame.

Yeah it’s a shame about mendy‘s injuries they have took there toll on him,can’t legislate for injuries or when they happen,but he was woeful today in fact we’d been better playing with 10 men ...

Last edited:
The first injury he got after half dozen games fcukered him up he is cared to make contact and runs in treacle. How long is just contract left to go!? Because we ain’t getting tuppence for him.

Denis Irwin was great in the past but he's also shit now, albeit slightly better than Mendy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.