23rd Minute tomorrow

bluefromleve32 said:
can we please not move on. he wasnt even a city player, he was a journey man on loan. yes it was sad to see a young man taken like that but we paid our tributes at the time, why keep bringing it up.......move on!!

and dont even get me started on "retiring" the number 23!!!!

Hadnt we agreed to sign him on a permanent basis so I guess he was our player
I normally dont buy into too all this the like the Petrov one that they do every week
but for a one off,10 years since his death and also against the other english club he played for I understand why it is being done and I for one will be clapping and singing his name
I hope the West Ham fans have been informed in advance on forums etc so they can get involved too

Manchestercitychorlton said:
bluefromleve32 said:
can we please not move on. he wasnt even a city player, he was a journey man on loan. yes it was sad to see a young man taken like that but we paid our tributes at the time, why keep bringing it up.......move on!!

Why not? Why don't you just keep quiet if you want to move on rather than posting a stupid comment like that.

Probably because like me if he just sat there and kept quiet people around him/me would look down on us in complete disdain and accuse us of being ignorant uncaring bastards or whatever. So by default instead we'll stand and applaud or just stand but either way it's something I don't want to do. I went to the ground ten years ago and signed a condolence book but he was and never will be important to me. I didn't know him and don't feel any emotional connection to the man. The club have been respectful and continue to be so, he is acknowledged in the memorial garden and if people feel so strongly why not go in there and remember him but they probably wont. Hey lets have one for Mercer, Allison, Young, Swift, Doyle etc etc see if we can manage one every game.

Remember the poignant minute silence that City used to hold every Christmas?

It was always a sad and moving occasion as the names of the recently departed were remembered.

Sadly that tradition has been recently hijacked by idiots who don't understand the difference between a minute silence and a minute of applause

City used to be different, but now we're as bad as everybody else.

I'll appluad tomorrow, but as somebody has already posted, where do you draw the line?

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
City 1 Chelsea 1 1971 said:
Remember the poignant minute silence that City used to hold every Christmas?

What's with the "used to" ?

Is it that difficult to read the whole post rather than take one line out of context?

We used to, have a minute silence, but the last two have been hijacked by clapping, which despite what some idiots sem to think, isn't the same.

Manchestercitychorlton said:
bluefromleve32 said:

Why not? Why don't you just keep quiet if you want to move on rather than posting a stupid comment like that.

I don't think it is a stupid comment.

I agree with it.

MVF's death saddened me at the time, but only because he was so young and I'd seen him play only recently.

I didn't feel he he any long term committment to City, and at the time immediately before his death we didn't know if he'd ever agree terms to play for City again.

Doesn't even need debating for me. I will applaud, he was fantastic for us that year and whether he would have stayed or not doesn't really matter. 28 years is no age.

Last goal for us at Maine Road too. He's part of our history.

Thanks Marc.

Blue2112 said:
I know I'll get absolutely slaughtered for this but I prefer if we just let people pass and remember them personally rather than an ever on going public appreciation. If I preferred to sit down and not join in there would be people around me having a go therefore by default and without really caring I have to stand and applause somebody I never knew and have already respectfully at the time acknowledged his passing.

Tin hat time.
I have to agree with this.
Where will it stop?

City 1 Chelsea 1 1971 said:
We used to, have a minute silence, but the last two have been hijacked by clapping, which despite what some idiots sem to think, isn't the same.

Have to agree, a full stadium falling silent is something that has to be experienced. Almost up there with us all cheering in unison.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.