24 Hour Party People

ifiwasarichfan said:
I was in and around town at the time and I have known some of the people mentioned on this thread. It amazes me now the passion it all inspires. It was what it was and it wasn't all that it has been cracked up to be.

My previous statement

You would be forgiven for thinking theres some kinda curse connected to Factory records when you think of al those people associated with it who have died well before their time... Curtis, Hannett, Erazmus, Grettonn, Wilson.

ifiwasarichfan said:
I was in and around town at the time and I have known some of the people mentioned on this thread. It amazes me now the passion it all inspires. It was what it was and it wasn't all that it has been cracked up to be.

it was for me, i grew up in there and its a big part of my life, me and my mates still talk about some of the stuff we used to get up to now, and i stopped going 15 years ago!

the house in the middle of nowhere he has in 24h pp is up delph way, maybe even saddleworth....i'm sure he moved up there in the early 80's
I'm 100% certain that house is on Sitch Lane in Hayfield. If it's the same one I'm thinking of.

John Peel was from the Wirral...
John Peel was from a wealthy family and went to Shrewsbury school. Went US and when they discovered he came from Liverpool (so he said) they assumed he knew Lennon and got a dj job on the strength of it. Put on a fake scouse accent. Had to leave US to avoid questions about sex with underage girl.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.