24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
slow of mind doesn’t mean stupid? seriously? in that case i apologize. i was certain it means stupid, slow-witted, hard of thinking etc, but then i am not a native speaker so thank you for the learning opportunity.
Ahh how convenient.

Question - you support City or Josko?
Without him would you bother?

Last edited:
The US announcers mentioned he was “quick.” I laughed since it’s been a major point of contention here. Also thought some of his blocks/tackles were reminiscent of the WC. I’m sure as a young, new signing his trajectory will continue to have some ups and downs but I hope he’s got some confidence back and fans are more willing to give him some leeway after these last few performances.

Also, why does it matter if some people are fans of particular players (even more than the team..not saying this is always the case). There are people on here that have blinders to half the team because of their love of one player or another…those players just happen to be English or established. Everyone can add value to the discussion - but if it doesn’t just block them!

They don't all work out - despite best hopes and intentions. Numerous successes and not so.... as we know.
Delighted to be a numpty if it means a player comes good. 2 games, let's hope for many more.
Correct, they don't. It's not a refusal to believe a player will work out that makes them numpties, it's the labeling them a mistake after a dozen games. No such definitive comments should ever be made after such a short period of time, and the direct inverse of declaring a player an overwhelming success after such a short period is also true.

It's fine to make comments on the performances, good or bad, just don't go making judgements so early on and keep it relative to how long into their contracts they are. (This isn't directed at you personally BTW, just speaking generally)

Correct, they don't. It's not a refusal to believe a player will work out that makes them numpties, it's the labeling them a mistake after a dozen games. No such definitive comments should ever be made after such a short period of time, and the direct inverse of declaring a player an overwhelming success after such a short period is also true.

It's fine to make comments on the performances, good or bad, just don't go making judgements so early on and keep it relative to how long into their contracts they are. (This isn't directed at you personally BTW, just speaking generally)
Has Kalvin managed a dozen games for us? ;-)

Direct away.

But cheers.

Ah how c

Ahh how convenient.

Question - you support City or Josko?
Without him would you bother?
me not being a native speaker is convenient? erm ok.

like i explained previously, i am allowed to post here, i read the rules and followed the procedure while registering. i found this forum during the transfer saga so would i be here otherwise? no.
i think pep’s a genius so i watched a lot
of city anyway, i was hoping joško would end up there but i didn’t know it was a possibility until it was made public.

so this is the perfect outcome for me. what am
i? i don’t know which label to use. our interests are perfectly aligned though. boys in sky blue with shiny metal things in their hands.
you know how much you all love foden, one of your own, local kid with incredible talent. joško is my foden, only we have to sell our players if they’re good and he was sold fast.

Last edited:
I never called you a fangirl, to be fair, just that you’re more protective as he’s a fellow Croat.

I wasn’t even using it as a slur. Apologies if it came across that way.
but it seems i can’t post anything without some label. facts are facts, they don’t differ depending on the nationality of the person who posted them.

so when they say his passing was awful when he was the most accurate on the pitch and i provide the proof, is it me being sensitive or protective?
when people were angry about him being a ballon d’or nominee and i wrote a post explaining why he was nominated and with examples of nominees who won nothing and so on, i was called a fangirl, more than once i think.
when people say he played lb all the time before city and i say he didn’t i’m stating facts and it’s easy to check if it’s true or not. when i get xenophobic insults just cause somebody doesn’t think i should be posting here am i too sensitive?

and so on. whatever anyway.
to be honest, i expected more from you. ;)

but it seems i can’t post anything without some label. facts are facts, they don’t differ depending on the nationality of the person who posted them.

so when they say his passing was awful when he was the most accurate on the pitch and i provide the proof, is it me being sensitive or protective?
when people were angry about him being a ballon d’or nominee and i wrote a post explaining why he was nominated and with examples of nominees who won nothing and so on, i was called a fangirl, more than once i think.
when people say he played lb all the time before city and i say he didn’t i’m stating facts and it’s easy to check if it’s true or not. when i get xenophobic insults just cause somebody doesn’t think i should be posting here am i too sensitive?

and so on. whatever anyway.
to be honest, i expected more from you. ;)
I’ve not said any of that but have said that I think you are over protective of Gvardiol.

That’s similar to you perceiving we all are over protective of Foden, so you do understand the concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.