24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks completely devoid of the confidence he plays with for Croatia. Social media had already decided he was the reason we’d lose once the line up came out. I know most will say, given his cost, it’s sink or swim. But I do think if they want to protect him as an asset they have to put him in some situations where he will succeed. He’s 21. If we get three good years out of him at some point, it’s fine.

He's not a full back and looks it. Why we haven't signed a natural left back for years is really mystifying. I think Pep's arrogance leads him to think he can coach any player to play in any position . Comes off sometimes but not in this case.

Too slow and gets drawn out of position to easily. Villa targeted him. I’ve not been that impressed from what I’ve seen so far. Is Ake not fully fit?

He's not a full back and looks it. Why we haven't signed a natural left back for years is really mystifying. I think Pep's arrogance leads him to think he can coach any player to play in any position . Comes off sometimes but not in this case.
Totally agree.
This kid could be future captain of city playing in his natural position.
But that would be too easy for Pep who wants to be the creator of something weird and wonderful with most of our signings

Most overrated defender in the world. Not fast enough to be a fullback, not strong and tall enough to be a CB.
He is a modern day Mascherano without the clutch tackling.

Eliaquim Mangala 2.0
Jesus wept. Everyone was calling Gvardiol a rolls royce defender in his first 5-6 games. Has a had a couple bad moments lately when everyone else has been playing shit as well, and he’s suddenly some liability. He’s 2 years younger than Foden and played out of position in his first season in a new league. Give it a rest

He's brilliant with both feet, but I'll admit it's hard to justify the price we paid AT PRESENT.

Important to remember he's only 21, and playing in a new position.

Dare I say it, he will be one of a few players who will improve massively when Pep leaves and he gets the chance to just play football instead of being twisted every which way.

He is and was a left sided centre back and an incredible one at that, feel sorry for him being shoved at left back it won’t work.

Deserves to be in the midfield role much more than Akanji too, who has been dreadful all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.