24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can see his class on the ball. Great vision, excellent passing and composure and physically strong. Needs to play at CB. I assume Pep is easing him in via the LB role but it is baffling he keeps using him there.
He’s not that strong and his other attributes are nowhere near the level of laportes.

Young, good feet, not sure of his aerial ability yet, gets done by pacy wingers, but has a very good tackle in him.

I think his position is LCB, not LB, but we don’t seem to care about having a LB, so…

He's 21 people. The only one younger than him in the first team is Rico Lewis I believe. He's playing in a side that's not exactly exuding confidence right now. The talent's there.

He was alright yesterday(made 8 tackles) but his positioning and lack of recovery pace to make up for it is letting him down in that position.

I can't wrap my head around the fact we've paid 77mil for THE highest regarded young CB in football and Peps playing him exclusively at LB. This is so he can have Akanji play Stones role poorly game after game. It's bordering on infuriating. Like why didn't we buy someone like a Digne rather than ruin this lads potential..

Would like to see us play Stones from Rb as Walker is honking the place out atm. Move Gvardiol across and Ake LB. Might actually keep a clean sheet, remember those?

Easy to forget just how young he is, given his reputation and the fee paid. Widely regarded as the best young centre-half in the world, sop hopefully we'll see him playing there soon. Hopefully we'll sign a proper left-back soon, although we've been saying this for about a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.