24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think he was better today than he has previously been. Not a high bar, granted, but he looked more confident/comfortable.
All about opinions, but for me, he has been more or less excellent throughout the season. In a couple of games where he hasn't been excellent, he was still better than most of our team in those games. We have 76 pages here, and the majority of people here believe he has been excellent as well. Even at LB, not his natural position, he has been amongst some of the most consistent City players this season. Playing out of position, without a pre-season with Pep, at 21, in a new league and country.

Ake isn’t too bad, granted Stones is like Vinnie was. Still a bit mad we have one proper fullback at the club(I ain’t counting Rico).
pep said ake cannot play every game. so i guess you’re stuck with gvardiol until city buy a proper lb. it’s not gvardiol’s fault though.

All about opinions, but for me, he has been more or less excellent throughout the season. In a couple of games where he hasn't been excellent, he was still better than most of our team in those games. We have 76 pages here, and the majority of people here believe he has been excellent as well. Even at LB, not his natural position, he has been amongst some of the most consistent City players this season. Playing out of position, without a pre-season with Pep, at 21, in a new league and country.
I actually agree. I just think he can get much better.

How? Genuinely interested what you think he was doing wrong or what he wasnt doing to give you that opinion?

I thought he was probably the best forward passer on the pitch first half. Certainly the best in the backline by a mile. Saw some lovely passing angles to avoid the predictable pass that often broke lines a rarity especially in our side in that he will gladly use his weaker foot when the angle dictates.
I think that in the past when we have played a midfielder at left back Zinchenko and Delph they are naturally very comfortable with the ball at their feet , Gvardiol doesn’t look to have that kind of ability as first and foremost he is a central defender , granted he did take up some good positions but created next to nothing as his final pass or choice of pass wasn’t great , no criticism of him at all as I think he will be a great signing as a central defender

Gvardiol has had a decent first half of the season so far. He has huge potential and is learning our system while playing in the left back role. Think he will excel when playing in the centre half position if/when we ever get a left back.

On balance both Gvardiol and Doku signings have been excellent, its the Kovacic and Nunes signings that are yet to bare fruit and exposing the wasted squad place Philips is occupying (He must be so bad in training).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.