24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously a very good player but seems like he's having a bit of trouble bedding in. Would like to see him get a run at LCB with Aké back at full back.

Obviously a very good player but seems like he's having a bit of trouble bedding in. Would like to see him get a run at LCB with Aké back at full back.
I’m beginning to wonder if Pep is working on the next tactical iteration and Joško is somehow part of that..and that is the reason we’re not seeing him at CB. Maybe he just has other plans for him? I think this Wednesday will be telling.

The poor kid has to have no confidence given all the crap he’s taking. That said, I also don’t feel like Pep must think he is as terrible as most people, because he continues to play him even when we have options on the bench. (I do think Ake has been hurt, but sometimes Akanji sits and although I know he’s tired, Pep doesn’t always seem to care about that…see Rodri). Not to say that he’s better than Akanji or whomever, just if he was that bad there are other options (I mean lately I’ve seen a lot of posts that Gomez should be starting instead).

All about opinions, but for me, he has been more or less excellent throughout the season. In a couple of games where he hasn't been excellent, he was still better than most of our team in those games. We have 76 pages here, and the majority of people here believe he has been excellent as well. Even at LB, not his natural position, he has been amongst some of the most consistent City players this season. Playing out of position, without a pre-season with Pep, at 21, in a new league and country.
Well said.

All about opinions, but for me, he has been more or less excellent throughout the season. In a couple of games where he hasn't been excellent, he was still better than most of our team in those games. We have 76 pages here, and the majority of people here believe he has been excellent as well. Even at LB, not his natural position, he has been amongst some of the most consistent City players this season. Playing out of position, without a pre-season with Pep, at 21, in a new league and country.

I think he's been good. He's good on the ball too. He's also still very young for a defender and he has a very high ceiling in my opinion.

I do think he loses his bearings from time to time at left back, but it's not his natural position. For the most part he's been fine. It's not the easiest task in the world to be a 21 year-old CB and join a Pep team and be asked to play left back and be part of the build up play etc. When you take that into consideration, he's done well.

People may not appreciate him enough now but I think by the time he's in his mid 20s, a lot of fans are going to see he was a very shrewd signing.

I’m beginning to wonder if Pep is working on the next tactical iteration and Joško is somehow part of that..and that is the reason we’re not seeing him at CB. Maybe he just has other plans for him? I think this Wednesday will be telling.

The poor kid has to have no confidence given all the crap he’s taking. That said, I also don’t feel like Pep must think he is as terrible as most people, because he continues to play him even when we have options on the bench. (I do think Ake has been hurt, but sometimes Akanji sits and although I know he’s tired, Pep doesn’t always seem to care about that…see Rodri). Not to say that he’s better than Akanji or whomever, just if he was that bad there are other options (I mean lately I’ve seen a lot of posts that Gomez should be starting instead).

after seeing him and ake starting together, i agree, pep wants joško in that position, whatever his reasons may be.

but the crap the kid’s getting is relentless, to the point that even city content creators are now talking about it. i literally saw a man united fan speaking up for him when city fans were saying he’s garbage, insane.

and city players watch/read fan content apparently, so yeah, if he does that too he’ll be on antidepressants soon.

i wonder what will happen to him if this continues, he is very young yes, but other young cbs will learn, improve and develop as cbs.

oh and for the poster who wants to slap joško in the face, here’s an interview, you can go find him and do it, big guy. even i know where he lives and i’ve never even been to manchester.

but the crap the kid’s getting is relentless, to the point that even city content creators are now talking about it.
This may be what you were referring to, but I listened to the Athletic podcast from earlier in the week and they discussed the absolutely relentless criticism from fans were surprised how bad it was. And they have been critical of him, so it’s not like this was coming from fanboys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.