24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm genuinely thinking a have a massive blindspot here, i dont think he was great
nobosy was but really wasn't bad in my eyes.

He's being asked to play a position that demands he wins every 50/50 and is successful in the tackle 100% of the time otherwise he gets ruthlessly exposed. It's the system that's the glaring problem not the player.

Was playing as a winger at times today especially late in the game, strange tactic.

Was playing as a winger at times today especially late in the game, strange tactic.
He spent the last 10 minutes of the game on the shoulder of their defensive line with Grealish filling in at left back.

Presumably this was under Pep's instruction as it was right in front of him.

To be frank I think Pep is shafting him at the moment with how he's being asked to play.

I'm genuinely thinking a have a massive blindspot here, i dont think he was great
I agree. I’m sure people think I am a massive fan girl without any perspective because I’m in this thread a lot (although every player here has fan girls/boys), but it’s mostly because it makes me question any understanding of football I thought I had! There are pages here about how bad he is and basically none of the other defenders have a comment (except Walker on occasion).

He spent the last 10 minutes of the game on the shoulder of their defensive line with Grealish filling in at left back.

Presumably this was under Pep's instruction as it was right in front of him.

To be frank I think Pep is shafting him at the moment with how he's being asked to play.
If this was the tactic, as it looked, then might as well have brought Gomez on as he’s technically better on the ball.

He's being asked to play a position that demands he wins every 50/50 and is successful in the tackle 100% of the time otherwise he gets ruthlessly exposed. It's the system that's the glaring problem not the player.
he was all alone on that left side most of the time today, what is he now, lb, lw? his position is 100% on pep. he’s not to blame for goals and yet he’s getting so much crap again for this game. there were 10 old players on that pitch, one new guy. let’s blame the new guy, i guess. i get heavy criticism for stupid, bad mistakes, but what that kid’s been getting is utterly irrational.

Dreadful performance. Looks like he is stuck in treacle when running back.
It’s his complete lack of pace that’s disturbing someone on here last week was describing has quick and strong he is, he’s neither. I get he’s out of position but he won’t run faster or be stronger playing at cb. Our back four is horribly slow and I include walker in that at present though he insists on giving players a few yards head start it seems

It’s his complete lack of pace that’s disturbing someone on here last week was describing has quick and strong he is, he’s neither. I get he’s out of position but he won’t run faster or be stronger playing at cb. Our back four is horribly slow and I include walker in that at present though he insists on giving players a few yards head start it seems

Can’t argue with that at all, the thing I can argue is 80m cost, remarkable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.