#25 | Fernandinho - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, Stones has stank the place out when Pep's tried him there. I think watching the journey Rodri's been on and how Gundogan doesn't excel there shows how difficult it can be to play there in Pep's system(s)

Gundogan did excel there in 2019 when Fernandinho injured himself in February and we had to rely on Gundogan at DM to beat Liverpool to the title. We conceded fewer goals with Gundogan than with Fernandinho, he was that good.

Gundogan did excel there in 2019 when Fernandinho injured himself in February and we had to rely on Gundogan at DM to beat Liverpool to the title. We conceded fewer goals with Gundogan than with Fernandinho, he was that good.
That never happened. After all we lost the CL final because Pep had a brain fart and played him in that position ;-)

Yea fair point. I think that was an exception to the norm though, as more often than not when he's played there he hasn't been great. That said, I'd take him over Ake (and probably everyone else bar Rodri) there all day

37 at seasons end. Would seem like a smart move for both parties.

I think he'll end up working here at some point regardless, it's just a matter of whether or not he'll play elsewhere fist.... It'll come down to what he and his missus decide is best for the family, probably. He's made it clear he really wants to play in Brazil again before he retires but his kids have obviously grown up here and they've also all applied for citizenship. He may end up retiring a bit earlier than he'd have liked to just cos they may decide against uprooting the family in order for him to continue playing for an extra year or two.

37 at seasons end. Would seem like a smart move for both parties.

Would love it if he stays.

Having an ex-player that understands and embraces Pep's mentality and attitude towards football, that which has led us to great success, will be an important influence to the team even if Pep chooses to leave at some point.

Hang the boots up and join the back room - perfect.

I want this fella around the place,passing on his experience,enthusiasm and attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.