25 | Manuel Akanji - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not wrong, he's a squad player who was excellent in recent games.

£15m for a squad player is more then adequate.

As I say, he's brilliant when the ball is on the deck and the formation switch suits him just as it does for Ake.

When Akanji first came I thought we had the new Vincent Kompany, but then I saw him try to head the ball.
I see your point
But he has been amazing recently and covered various positions as and when needed
Great player to have especially when his confidence is up

Not wrong, he's a squad player who was excellent in recent games.

£15m for a squad player is more then adequate.

As I say, he's brilliant when the ball is on the deck and the formation switch suits him just as it does for Ake.

When Akanji first came I thought we had the new Vincent Kompany, but then I saw him try to head the ball.
I agree he has his flaws and I’ve been critical but last night - COLOSSAL

I thought he was great last night. He had 1or 2 times when he slightly miscontrolled the ball, but not that it caused any real issue, overall he was solid. People were worried with Ake being out but he slotted right in.

People keep saying "squad player" he's probably played more minutes then any other of our defenders this year. All across the back 4. What a signing

Akanjki: 1,946 minutes
Dias: 1,728
Ake: 1,683
Stones: 1,551
Laporte: 645

Have to put my hands up and say I saw him as our 5th CB and nothing more, and thought I was going to be vindicated when he had a bit of a shaky patch. He's made me eat my words several times over.

Apologies mods if there is a thread on this guy I have missed but wtf.

I will hold my hands up and say that I thought he was shite, only good enough to play against mid table teams but his performances against Bayern and Arsenal were superb.

Probably why I am not head of player recruitment at City.

I’ve got to hold my hands up too. I still think he’s weak in the air but he’s a far better footballer than I gave credit for. I suspect having Jonny and Dias around regular makes a difference too. That said, for those that saw the player that I didn’t, fair play to you. I stand corrected.

He came with one major deficiency according to those at Dortmund, and that was he lacked concentration & at times application, nobody better than Pep at improving players individually, some players buckle under the attention Pep will give them to improve (see Cancelo) others, like John Stones have grown and embraced it, and we now see the results. He’s got lots to work with, quite quick, strong, intelligent, versatile and a good character, seems to read the game quite well too

He came with one major deficiency according to those at Dortmund, and that was he lacked concentration & at times application, nobody better than Pep at improving players individually, some players buckle under the attention Pep will give them to improve (see Cancelo) others, like John Stones have grown and embraced it, and we now see the results. He’s got lots to work with, quite quick, strong, intelligent, versatile and a good character, seems to read the game quite well too
He had a great game against Arsenal. With Akanji and Ake we might finally have resolved our left back problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.