25 | Manuel Akanji - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe he will give all our centre backs a push for their money once fit and adjusted to the team etc, especially if their injuries keep up.

Dortmund had 2 other quality CBs and Akanji had a year left so it was a no brainer for them to sell. Why no one else made a move I don't know. Maybe other clubs though they only wanted the best available and if Akanji was 3rd best at Dortmund then he wasn't good enough. That is a pretty narrow view. He looks great so far.
I hope you're right there mate.
Although weren't we saying the same about Mangala?

Pep's comparison with Laporte invites the thought we can see them as a CB pair in big games. If Pep's right, their ability to break lines with passes may be key in resisting high pressing and having a more efficient build up play.

Reactions: JDV
I know absolutely nothing about him but he did look good against Sevilla. Perfect Pep player

Great debut. The nice part about the depth we're starting to build in the back is we don't feel as much pressure to rush guys back from injury. That's a big factor as to why some of our guys are so injury prone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.