25 | Manuel Akanji - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
£15m for him is ridiculous
It certainly is. With more and more players betting on themselves and willing to run down their contracts we will be seeing more and more of these type of deals. Utilizing Pep's eye for talent and Txiki's deal making skills we'll be at an advantage. Plus players will want to come here to play with great players and win trophies. It also highlights what a great job Txiki did getting 100mil for 2 players on their last year.

I liked what I saw but there was a reason Dortmund wanted rid and the world wasn't biting their hand off, so I don't want to get too carried away until he's had 20 games or so.
Dortmund actually did not want to get rid of him. He rejected a pricey extension so they brought in 2 new guys. They were staring at no return so they took what they could get. By leaving it late we were able to get him at quite a discount. The more players are willing to gamble on themselves and refuse extensions, risking injury and poor form for the chance to become free agents, the more of these type of deals one will see.

Pep's comparison with Laporte invites the thought we can see them as a CB pair in big games. If Pep's right, their ability to break lines with passes may be key in resisting high pressing and having a more efficient build up play.
Funny how Pep is comparing him to Laporte while the pessimists on BM are comparing him to Mangala. You just can't help but laugh and shake your head.

Funny how Pep is comparing him to Laporte while the pessimists on BM are comparing him to Mangala. You just can't help but laugh and shake your head.
After a while, you just start to learn that's how the internet is lol. Then you talk to people about the same things in real life and you get a much more optimistic view. Odd the way that works...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.