25 | Manuel Akanji - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfectly relaxed. Dias is the worst centre half we have on the ball.

He‘s needed for duels with stronger forwards, but I can see him having a fair bit of time on the bench if everyone is fit.
Dias is not worse on the ball than Ake.. and I'd say there's not much difference between him, Stones, and Akanji.

quickie interview after the match ...

He’s even like Vinnie off the pitch. Very impressive guy and you can see he was targeted for his personality fit just as much as his fit on the pitch. Just seems like the archetypal kind of person that City love.

Vincent Akanji

I'm convinced, this guy is the real deal. Bit afraid of hyperbole, but today I kind of thought about Akanji moving to us has the same effect on him as when Van Djik went to Liverpool. Right move at the right time, he genuinly looks world class in this system. Fast, strong, composed, great at handling the ball, good and progressive passer. If he keeps injury free and doesn't do a complete Mangala I can see him being thought of as one of the best centre-backs in the world at the end of the season.

Perfectly relaxed. Dias is the worst centre half we have on the ball.

He‘s needed for duels with stronger forwards, but I can see him having a fair bit of time on the bench if everyone is fit.
I absolutely love Dias, but I said this in pre-season on Twitter to much disagreement that I would prefer City to play with two ball-players at CB. I think it can take us to even greater heights with near-perfect build-up. Nothing against Dias but it’s obviously one of the weaker parts of his game. People think if you say that it means you want him sold or something, but I don’t think it’s wild to suggest we can be better without him on the pitch. Great problem to have.

I absolutely love Dias, but I said this in pre-season on Twitter to much disagreement that I would prefer City to play with two ball-players at CB. I think it can take us to even greater heights with near-perfect build-up. Nothing against Dias but it’s obviously one of the weaker parts of his game. People think if you say that it means you want him sold or something, but I don’t think it’s wild to suggest we can be better without him on the pitch. Great problem to have.
You’ve said it better than I did. He’s still really important and his leadership is hugely needed.

The build up will always be more important to Pep bar the games against teams that actually make us defend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.