25 | Manuel Akanji - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No such thing as 1st,2nd,5th etc choice CB for us. Take your chances and you’ll earn the playing time. Been immense since coming in and looks like he’s been here for years. Wouldn’t shock me if Ake or Laporte left next summer but luckily we’ve already got their replacement and for a bargain of a deal

No such thing as 1st,2nd,5th etc choice CB for us. Take your chances and you’ll earn the playing time. Been immense since coming in and looks like he’s been here for years. Wouldn’t shock me if Ake or Laporte left next summer but luckily we’ve already got their replacement and for a bargain of a deal
Hot take: I suspect Ake is not going anywhere, Dias might leave though.

Ake for me is the most improved player at the club, was not his biggest fan and would have been happy to see him leave but this season he has grown hugely in stature and quality, he has become a leader and with his current form , has to be first choice at CB.

Kompany was great on the ball for a centre half back then. Pep has changed all of English football since then and all of our defence now are comfortable on the ball, even Kyle
Sure, but in a different era in many respects. Do you think he‘s better on the ball than our current 5? I’d put him in joint 3rd with Ake and ahead of Dias.

I think laporte isn't that great on the ball tbh, considering that was what he was known for when he signed. I'd say Stones, Akanji, Ake, Kompany, Laporte, Dias

I think laporte isn't that great on the ball tbh, considering that was what he was known for when he signed. I'd say Stones, Akanji, Ake, Kompany, Laporte, Dias
You saying Ake is better on the ball than prime Kompany? Laporte is the best long range passer by a mile but Stones is the most comfortable on the ball and best at short range stuff in tight areas. Shame he’s always bloody injured as he’s the only top class England centre back once he gets a few games behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.