25 | Manuel Akanji - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m gonna be a little bit more critical — he was magnificent passing short today and that was all that was needed but he was uncomfortable and kept not hitting longer passes down or between the lines. At the ground multiple players were talking to him about it because there were a few really good opportunities missed because he just wouldn’t release the ball.

As a stand in RB he was phenomenal so I’m not here to have a go at him. I just think the thread is a little carried away right now about what he did today in regards to passing. He played it very safe and didn’t make any major mistakes and I think that was perfect for this but I hope we don’t try to play him there against Liverpool, as an example, because I think they’ll press him harder and he will need to play a wider range of passes in order to cope with them

Impressive performance and and didn’t put a foot wrong. As someone said and that’s my main observation too. Long forward passes were absent and it’s understood at this stage. Moving forward with more confidence I hope to see him move the play forward swiftly from the back. Many passes today were short, sideways or backwards. And I felt at times it was why the ball was stuck at the back and didn’t move forward fast enough. Also if we utilities him as a RB, I don’t know how much quality he got to accelerate up and down side line and link with RW . Time will tell. But so far so good.

I’d like to see him under the cosh a little bit before crowning him the next Kompany. Anfield should be a good test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.