25 | Manuel Akanji - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Akanji could play like prime Maldini and still get close to no praise for it. I'm not sure why that seems to be the case.
I generally think this is the case with Ake, Akanji and Dias. They’re basically ignored unless they have an individual error and then people talk about how they’re sh1t until they make up for it the next game.

I generally think this is the case with Ake, Akanji and Dias. They’re basically ignored unless they have an individual error and then people talk about how they’re sh1t until they make up for it the next game.
Yeah, I think it's the case with defenders in general. However, it seems that people are waiting on any Akanji mistake more than others in my opinion.

Who remembers when there would be a flood of people shitting their pants if they heard akanji and ake were our starting cb pairing? Rock solid.

Yeah, I think it's the case with defenders in general. However, it seems that people are waiting on any Akanji mistake more than others in my opinion.
I think Joško and Walker get far more crap, which others would say is warranted I suppose. But among the three I mentioned previously, Akanji does seem to be disliked the most when I feel like this year they’ve all offered similar performances. And Akanji is playing a new role.

In general, I think it’s hard to judge defenders when you’re really judging them on the absence of something.

I think Joško and Walker get far more crap, which others would say is warranted I suppose. But among the three I mentioned previously, Akanji does seem to be disliked the most when I feel like this year they’ve all offered similar performances. And Akanji is playing a new role.

In general, I think it’s hard to judge defenders when you’re really judging them on the absence of something.
Walker has been way below par for most of the season, though.

I feel like Akanji has been our only somewhat consistent defender this season, albeit with a couple of high-profile mistakes. I agree on the whole with you.

Walker has been way below par for most of the season, though.

I feel like Akanji has been our only somewhat consistent defender this season, albeit with a couple of high-profile mistakes. I agree on the whole with you.
Each defender has had a few high profile mistakes this season, but I feel like that comes with being a defender. I dont love the “defense has sucked” comments because I think it overlooks a lot of inconsistency in midfield. The defenders by name have gotten a disproportionate amount of blame.

I find it funny that everyone seems to have their personal favorite defender. I’ve noticed it a lot on this forum, whereas I don’t feel like people have a favorite mid fielder per se. That said, I think another thing we can agree on is it would be nice to have Akanji play Walkers role. He offers all the same attributes to Walker in my opinion, and I know you’d say he offers more!

Thought he had a good game. Some of his long passes to the left flank were sublime.

Great today. I would love to see him play as a RB for us. He would truly excel there for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.