25 | Manuel Akanji - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t misplace a single pass apart from that one…

Cut out some incredibly dangerous balls in behind, totally dominated that left side with Gvardiol, they had little joy down there all night. So calm playing intricate passes out of the back. Got Ruben out of jail a few times like a good CB partner should.

Honestly, he was getting MOTM if it weren’t for that moment. It’s easy to sit and say “well that could have cost us the title” but if he hadn’t been in the squad this year when we were thin on CBs then I don’t think we’d be anywhere close to winning it. He is a major part of the squad that has got us one match from the title and that’s all that matters.

Didn’t misplace a single pass apart from that one…

Cut out some incredibly dangerous balls in behind, totally dominated that left side with Gvardiol, they had little joy down there all night. So calm playing intricate passes out of the back. Got Ruben out of jail a few times like a good CB partner should.

Honestly, he was getting MOTM if it weren’t for that moment. It’s easy to sit and say “well that could have cost us the title” but if he hadn’t been in the squad this year when we were thin on CBs then I don’t think we’d be anywhere close to winning it. He is a major part of the squad that has got us one match from the title and that’s all that matters.
good player but It could have cost the team's title.

Couldn't timed his brain fart at the worst time but thanks to Ortega for saving his bacon. Other than that he is one of the strong candidates for Player of the Season

Would have been mightily cruel if his one mistake had cost us because he was absolutely immense. His speed got us out of trouble and his passing was very good.

If you can a rick like that out of your system and it not cost us, hopefully it will mean he’s fully focussed come the weekend.

good player but It could have cost the team's title.
CL final comes to mind here.

Anyway, brilliant player, and that's probably his only weakness, that occasional "brain fart."
I always said, I prefer him at RB, and that's where I think he should be playing next season. Allegedly, Pep sees him as a Kyle replacement and that's probably the best replacement out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.