25 years since the 10-1...

tolmie's hairdoo said:
How depressing, my life has flown by.

I was 12 standing on the Kippax that day
I was 17 and for some reason, I think it might've been one of my many Saturday morning junior football injuries, decided I was going to sit and went in that weird little block of grey plastic seats between the Main Stand and the North Stand, with the Picccadilly Radio box up above. Never sat there before or since

tolmie's hairdoo said:

I was 25 how do you think i feel Tolm, as said earlier my eldest lads first game when he was 4, my god he is 30 next year, where have the years gone

the goats backside said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I was 25 how do you think i feel Tolm, as said earlier my eldest lads first game when he was 4, my god he is 30 next year, where have the years gone

Haha! True enough.

My dad is now 61 and I started going around the age of four.

How the fuck he must feel when he looks to his left and sees his lads who used to be up and down to the toilet every five minutes and eating fish n' chips crisps.

They are now 38, 37 and 32.

I took my son for the first time last season for his 4th birthday v Wigan - won 3-0.

Took him again the other week v Sunderland - won 3-0.

He thinks it's so easy and is already asking when we can go to the next parade.

I'm jealous!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
the goats backside said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Haha! True enough.

How the fuck he must feel when he looks to his left and sees his lads who used to be up and down to the toilet every five minutes and eating fish n' chips crisps.

I took my son for the first time last season for his 4th birthday v Wigan - won 3-0.

I'm jealous!

Time for a derby game for him me thinks

i was 12 as well....stood on the kippax st...(or more appropriately sat on the wall at the south stand end.......bloody cold but what a day......still got the game on video as well....recodred it the tele...on the same video is the 5-1 a couple of years later

tolmie's hairdoo said:
the goats backside said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Haha! True enough.

I'm jealous!

Personally I wouldn't change the suffering and years of watching a grotty team for anything. In some regards I was happier when the team were rubbish. I don't know why - I think it made me feel like being a supporter and turning up every week really helped the club. Silly I guess.

I nearly didnt go but decided to go at the last minute ... glad i did !!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.