#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought he deserved atleast a small mention.

I think false 9 suits him more than RW.

If he has to be selfish, then as our striker in the box, that's fine and he would be in better positions for it to work.

Dropped deep to overload the midfield and because he has to do this and link up, his passing is FORCED to be used, which he does well.

KdB, Mahrez or Bernardo, honestly think we play better with a midfielder in the 9 role than an actual striker. It forces us to rely on goals from everyone else which is a good thing imo.

This is also an extra position for Bernardo and Mahrez to play in to get more game time, Sterling RW more often is better due to his speed, pushes Jesus more as well as not undisputed because Aguero is always hurt. Win-win.

Not a pop at your post but what WTF the statto nerds come up with next? Contemplated passes? Expected shits? Predicted tit wanks?
It's just a way of calculating the quality of chances created, like expected goals. It's been used in football for decades now.

Just thought he deserved atleast a small mention.

I think false 9 suits him more than RW.

If he has to be selfish, then as our striker in the box, that's fine and he would be in better positions for it to work.

Dropped deep to overload the midfield and because he has to do this and link up, his passing is FORCED to be used, which he does well.

KdB, Mahrez or Bernardo, honestly think we play better with a midfielder in the 9 role than an actual striker. It forces us to rely on goals from everyone else which is a good thing imo.

This is also an extra position for Bernardo and Mahrez to play in to get more game time, Sterling RW more often is better due to his speed, pushes Jesus more as well as not undisputed because Aguero is always hurt. Win-win.
Yeah, every time we had Sterling or Foden in space you can be sure Mahrez had something to do with it with regards to off the ball movement. He's too good for United CBs to ignore and he dragged them around fairly effectively.

Yeah, every time we had Sterling or Foden in space you can be sure Mahrez had something to do with it with regards to off the ball movement. He's too good for United CBs to ignore and he dragged them around fairly effectively.
Foden played so well and your right, the spaces opened up because Mahrez vacated by dropping centrally.

Foden also had an assist, and also a disallowed goal and assist in the first half. Definitely tired a bit in the 2nd half but he ran his ass off so to be expected.

I just like the idea of having everyone pitch in, if you rely on your striker to score goals (which many do), then if he has an "off" day, what do you do? Just hope I suppose.

This style of expecting the wingers, and midfielders to all pitch in is so fluid and enjoying to watch, somebody is going to score, because they are all expected to be able to do so.

Foden played so well and your right, the spaces opened up because Mahrez vacated by dropping centrally.

Foden also had an assist, and also a disallowed goal and assist in the first half. Definitely tired a bit in the 2nd half but he ran his ass off so to be expected.

I just like the idea of having everyone pitch in, if you rely on your striker to score goals (which many do), then if he has an "off" day, what do you do? Just hope I suppose.

This style of expecting the wingers, and midfielders to all pitch in is so fluid and enjoying to watch, somebody is going to score, because they are all expected to be able to do so.
Well barring set-pieces United had that very problem tonight with Fernandes being kept quiet.

Spurs have been the same whenever Kane or Son aren't playing.

From a quick collation:

2020: Pld: 51, Goals: 12, Assists: 5, Shots: 106, On Target: 42, On Target %: 39.6, Conversion Rate: 11.3%, On Target Conversion Rate: 28.6%.

After January 2020
5 goals v Burnley
a goal and 2 assists v Leicester
an assist v Brighton
a goal v Newcastle
a goal v Norwich
and the keeper blunder v Arsenal.

January 2020
a goal in the 3-1 win at the Rags in the Carabao Cup
an assist v Everton
2 goals and an assist in the 6-1 v Villa.

51 games, and contributions in 11 (Burnley & Leicester over 2 games), 3 of which were in January 2020.
Maybe he should be played against Burnley and Leicester only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.