26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't enjoy him yesterday. Roo many selfish plays. Once you start being selfish it becomes contagious and others follow :(

His attempt to win the ball on their 1st goal was pathetic too. FFS Mahrez act like you are in a semifinals game and not some 'no touch' practice game.

Not too sound English... But get fucking stuck in you wimp!

Okay, rant over. Love you Mahrez :)

Insanely greedy again.

Will cost us in both the league (Scousers 93rd minute) and in the CL.

He’s such a glory hunter it’s unbelievable
Making the pass in both instances has a very low success rate. There are factors in real-time play you cannot appreciate looking at a captured image behind a monitor screen. I can show you an image of Foden's miss with a wide open net but that would be misleading as it doesn't show you the speed of the ball coming back to Foden from the post.

Last edited:
Making the pass in both instances has a very low success rate. There are factors in real-time play you cannot appreciate looking at a captured image behind a sreen.

No lower than taking a low-percentage near-post shot with your weaker foot, though. That's really more the issue. A poor choice to take the shot, but a terrible choice to take that shot

No lower than taking a low-percentage near-post shot with your weaker foot, though. That's really more the issue. A poor choice to take the shot, but a terrible choice to take that shot
I was commenting on the passes (which seem to be the area of interest), not the shots.

We'll miss him when he goes. A proper Rolls Royce of a player who is direct, can finish, can pass, can create, can dribble, can press and essentially do everything a Pep player needs to do. And he's not as selfish as he was when he joined.

A few times, yes, but I'd rather an attacker be selfish in a 1v1 situation than fuck about and pass it - how many times have we berated Jesus for doing the same thing?! Unless it's 2v1 with the keeper then most, if not all, attackers are going to shoot.

There's not another player in this team who can do what Mahrez does and he does it so consistently. Hope he signs a new contract and stays here for a lot longer than what's being rumoured at the minute.

Any other club in the world would want him in their team. Simple as that.

It's like watching the Gazza chance v Germany, re-watching his miss at 2-0 up. That would have been the tie I'm sure of it. It so deserved a goal. Bernardo's flick was sensational, shinned the second touch a bit but Mahrez had to pass it there. Shooting across the goal would have been the second option. He sold Courtois, you can see what he's trying to do and the space was there but it was such a small target to aim at with your weaker foot. The pass to Foden was a much more simple play.

Frustrating game from Mahrez. Incredible play for the first goal. A constant menace to the Real players. His dribble through their defence was excellent but he couldn't bend the shot towards the goal. But then he goes in half-arsed for a challenge which leads to their first goal from nothing. Although, Benzema had no right scoring that still! And he also plays a really poor pass across the pitch when we had comfortable possession and were 4-2 up and before you know it they're down in our box and we end up giving away a free kick which leads to the penalty.

Some really poor decision making by a few. Ederson equally shocking with the ball in the first 30 mins or so. Constantly taking too long with it, making the crowd and players nervous. Picking the tougher pass and putting others in trouble - like Stones where he needed to just let it go off the pitch but headed it to Bernardo who got pipped to it (obviously as he's 4ft).

Will be a key player if we're to get past Madrid though. I can see a big game from him at the Bernabeu.

Many players missed chances. Mahrez should not be held to different standards. That backlash against him in the aftermath of that penalty at Anfield was terrible and should not be repeated. I don't know how he managed to survive it. People who keep slagging him chronically for the slightest of mistakes (and dismissing his huge talent) are really not doing the club any favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.