26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
him backing out of tackles makes me more angry than missing sitters. some half assed backtrack also.

first goal Real scored came from Modric going into the ball with effort while Mahrez tries to get there but you can see who wants it more at 05:00 on below vid.

And once ball gets to Mendy Rodri should fucking sprint back and cover someone for vs a possible header. bit better communication there Laporte should have went and cover Benzema and Rodri picking up the guy in the middle.

still Benzema needed to pull off and incredible finish (while we missing multiple much bigger chances for fun).

Benzema had no right scoring regardless of what happened before. Mahrez doesn't deserve much stick for their first goal. He gave the ball away at 4-2 when keeping it on the right side was comfortable for us and the sensible option. A lot still happened before they scored but his pass led to the danger.

However, his dribble and cross for the first goal was magnificent. He was smart to use Ferny who then set up Foden and he was a menace all game. Yes he should have passed to Foden instead of shoot but at 2-0 when through on goal and with so many goals this season he backed himself. You can see what he was trying. Courtois had left the gap, he just got it wrong.

It might be my bias but if Mahrez is tracking back slower than others then he’s been told to so he’s higher up the pitch for when the rest of the team win it.

Pep won’t have passengers for 90 minutes of a Champions League semi final.

Yeah, don’t understand this “not tracking back”. Doing stupid slide tackles or fouls doesn’t mean you’re tracking back effectively. Also, benzema is the best player in the world right now with KDB. Not sure how Mahrez is remotely involved in that.

Like I said. He just needs to pass the ball. That’s it.

Scored what should've been the match winner for the second semi-final in a row.

Just a shame we couldn't hold out for six minutes without conceding two goals as it would've been his big moment in a City shirt. Obviously there was PSG last season but there was no fans there for that unfortunately.

Thought he was very poor. Just didnt give us anything then BANG he scores a belter. At the moment he makes my team because hes pretty much the only one in the team who can reliably score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.