26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I.will.be there...Sometimes" - Riyad Mahrez On being consistent for City

He had one of those games today didnt he, is he fasting??

I always feel he's one of our worst wingers to start againts deep-blocks, he doesn't like a dog fight and needs space to work his magic, i back him to perform againts Bayern though, Mahrez under the lights is a different animal.

Another can't be arsed performance and rightly hooked early on.
Tremendous skill but his shirt must never need cleaning as he never gets a sweat up.
I felt like he worked hard today but was triple teamed. It did leave him completely isolated and losing the ball, but it gave more room for grealish and Co on the left. Some more movement inside from him off the ball would’ve helped a ton to give him passing options.

But yeah, he was pretty terrible. Just bothers me when he doesn’t adapt his game. Play one touch if you’re getting ganged up on. I’m not a coach or anything, but he has the talent to change up how he’s playing when he’s bad. He doesn’t and that’s frustrating

Just can't work this guy out. I don't complain about his effort, but his choices are just naive and sometimes put City in trouble.
Against stiff opposition, I had him as our man of the match against Liverpool, and voted for him to that effect. Yesterday, he was Mr Invisible again. Sometimes, Bernardo must look on and think “Well, what exactly do you want from me, Pep?”

Just can't work this guy out. I don't complain about his effort, but his choices are just naive and sometimes put City in trouble.
Against stiff opposition, I had him as our man of the match against Liverpool, and voted for him to that effect. Yesterday, he was Mr Invisible again. Sometimes, Bernardo must look on and think “Well, what exactly do you want from me, Pep?”
Probably goals and assists! He had a poor game yesterday but was double marked for a lot of it. All wingers are inconsistent but Mahrez seems to be the only one who constantly gets grief for an off game. He’s been brilliant for us since the world cup.

I’m not his biggest fan but in that first half yesterday he wasn’t the only player who didn’t perform but I do think when our backs are against he wall he doesn’t turn up but saying that he has been great the last few weeks and against Bayern betting is he will turn up .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.