26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saints seemed to be closing him down far more quickly that Jack, which as someone in the crowd near me pointed out was down to the way he was receiving the ball and trying to turn inside. Whatever, he was just smothered yesterday.

Need to replace him with a player who doesnt just turn up when he decides he can be arsed.
When a player steps over that line for us,we need reliability,consistency,and a constant thirst to win,otherwise a team like Chelsea beckons.

Need to replace him with a player who doesnt just turn up when he decides he can be arsed.
When a player steps over that line for us,we need reliability,consistency,and a constant thirst to win,otherwise a team like Chelsea beckons.

Bloody hell that’s harsh! He has been great for us.

Na Mahrez has been great for us but I don't disagree that we need a new RW to compete and come in for Mahrez soon. Kulusevski for me would be ideal.

Puts Jack's first season and a bit struggles into perspective. You see how isolated Mahrez was yesterday without a right back to link with, leaving him little option but to pass backwards/keep it safe.
Grealish(+Raz and Phil) had that all last season and with Cancelo this. Makes you easy to crowd out and guess is an implication of an inverted fullback vs a deep block side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.