26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
When? Fans get far too hung up on his 1st touch. Yeah it’s nice, looks good…Produces nothing. The guy has 11 PL assists over the last 2 seasons and none so far this. It’s all well and good having a nice 1st touch but clearly his 2nd and 3rd touches aren’t doing much. He needs a rocket up his arse and you wouldve hoped that Pep effectively calling him Luke Shaw might have done it. However, the 30mins he was on tonight he was an absolute disgrace so maybe it’s fallen on deaf ears. Maybe giving him a new two year extension while also selling his main competition for his place isn’t the best motivator?
In my post, I said that's the only thing he is bringin to the table, but people like you still hate him so much, you need more. His first touch is the reason why he scored last match, a goal that no one in our team would probably make(bar Haaland maybe?). Does that mean he should be a starter? Of course not. He should be our 5th option(which he is right now). But still, I can see the things he does well.

He is our 2nd best penalty taker, not because he is great at them, but everyone else is even worse, so I did not care about the penalty miss.

Like I said, he cannot dribble anyone and never goes forward and it is a liability right now. Still Pep is doing the right thing. Try to involve him into easy matches to see if he can recover form. Our team against elite competition will not have Mahrez in it, but we still need him to be involved to rest key players.

We've seen conclusively that he's not the best penalty taker on the pitch for us today so I don't see why he keeps taking them. Gundogan will miss occasionally but at least he just takes the fucking thing and doesn't give a shit if he looks cool during the run-up or not. Much rather give them to KDB or Gundo.

In my post, I said that's the only thing he is bringin to the table, but people like you still hate him so much, you need more. His first touch is the reason why he scored last match, a goal that no one in our team would probably make(bar Haaland maybe?). Does that mean he should be a starter? Of course not. He should be our 5th option(which he is right now). But still, I can see the things he does well.

He is our 2nd best penalty taker, not because he is great at them, but everyone else is even worse, so I did not care about the penalty miss.

Like I said, he cannot dribble anyone and never goes forward and it is a liability right now. Still Pep is doing the right thing. Try to involve him into easy matches to see if he can recover form. Our team against elite competition will not have Mahrez in it, but we still need him to be involved to rest key players.
He had 4 identical chances and sent 2 of them into orbit with his ‘fantastic 1st touch’. Even a broken clock tells the correct time twice a day.

I do agree that he has to play games, I mean that’s kind of a given when we extended his contract. Unfortunately these games that he must get are going to be at the expense of someone like Palmer.

Might upset a few people but I don’t want him anywhere near the first 11 because he is so slow and when he plays you can guarantee that our right back will be bang under pressure the entire game . He might score penalty’s but he misses loads and don’t forget he cost us at anfield the other year and West Ham last year when his misses could have been crucial . Don’t rate him and really hope he goes in the summer .

Might upset a few people but I don’t want him anywhere near the first 11 because he is so slow and when he plays you can guarantee that our right back will be bang under pressure the entire game . He might score penalty’s but he misses loads and don’t forget he cost us at anfield the other year and West Ham last year when his misses coukx have been crucial . Don’t rate him and really hope he goes in the summer .

We need a proper winger next season, who can make things happen,has great pace.

Got his big final contract now acting not arsed on the pitch.

Prove me wrong FFS and I'll put my hands up.

Don't hate him, but he's lost his pace.

Good with ball retention, passing, knows the system, probably better as a backup midfielder now since he can't beat people off the dribble with his pace.

Could have made amends for his pen miss but didn't get a chance as had to be sacrificed for the red card.

Also his penalty miss might be a boon in disguise if Haaland becomes the new default penalty taker.

Not sure if correct, but I think he scores penalties for 4:0 and misses those under pressure by 2:2, 0:0….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.