26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is time to allow Cole Palmer to emerge in this position.

If you go by Pep's history.. Pep waited till the new year to make Foden first choice in Jan 21.

I think Cole might have a similar fate.. Pep will give Mahrez more time but if Mahrez doesn't recclaim it by the turn of the year.. Cole might truly be ahead of him.

Not sure if correct, but I think he scores penalties for 4:0 and misses those under pressure by 2:2, 0:0….

He scored the Dortmund one when we were behind in the tie on away goals. It was just better taken in an area that the keeper couldn't stop.

Firstly it was a good save and secondly we had a dreadful record from the spot even before mahrez took over the penalty duties and we became relatively decent after he took over, no one misses them on purpose.
People constantly miss pens because they are not upto it

If you go by Pep's history.. Pep waited till the new year to make Foden first choice in Jan 21.

I think Cole might have a similar fate.. Pep will give Mahrez more time but if Mahrez doesn't recclaim it by the turn of the year.. Cole might truly be ahead of him.
I can sense that the time is coming. Cole has been unplayable when he has been given the chance, while Riyad looks off it, comparatively.

Palmer will replace him after January. No time for sentiment in football if you want success.

He scored 2/6 for Leicester, which is abysmal.

He has 9/12 for us, so 75%. Which is about as good as anyone else we've had since the golden days of Yaya and Balotelli.

Agüero scored 76% of his for us, by way of comparison.

Since that one against the dippers, which is still rising now, his pens have been good, until the one tonight.

Shit happens, most people miss one now and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.