26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s been a part of our success and deserves a bit more respect on here tbh hardly like he’s been a shit player for us when’s it’s quite the opposite. Big game player in the CL last season was our top scorer in fact. Not at his best today by a stretch but he’ll still have a good impact on our season at some stage.
Not been at his best all season, no evidence he will improve. Shame, can do so much more.

That was as bad as I’ve ever seen him for us, and he was very poor at times in his second season but it’s not like he wasn’t trying that season it was more that things just weren’t coming off for him.

There was a pass from Akanji in the second half where he wasn’t even concentrating on the game, looked like he was daydreaming and thinking about something else, looking at the clouds or something, and their left back nipped in front of him to get the ball. Happened right in front of me.

All the ability in the world but without the heart or application to go with it.
absolutely this!!!!

Probably has the best first touch of any player Ive ever seen play for us and that includes David Silva who I personally believe is our greatest player ever.

However he goes missing far too often. People use the PSG games in the CL to defend him but that PSG team is/were full of prima donas who dont fight and spit their dummy out the moment they come up against a decent team...they were ripe for the picking and they fell apart....

There are countless games where we have needed him to step up and he doesnt.....if he had half the application of Bernardo Silva for instance or the heart of David Silva he would be in the top 5 players in the world....yet he is nowhere near......both those players mentioned plus countless others for us will be remembered more fondly and will have attributed far more to us as a club than Mahrez will have.

he would fit right in at PSG in a league where he can flat track bully 99% of the other teams.

He has never consistantly been a key player for us despite his goal tally last season.....

He's not as bad as some on here make out but he's not been brilliant this season so far either. Today was a standard Mahrez performance from this season.
standard mahrez performance from his tie at the club baring one or two blips where he has been better

It seems some City fans always have to have a scapegoat or someone to criticize in the squad

Mahrez will be alright,no panic

Hes been fucking appalling. Its not about wanting a scapegoat, certainly no one here wants him to be this bad. You can't dress this up any other way. He's added missing easy chances to his repertoire or not tackling, not taking on players, poor penalty taking and a general feeling of cant-be-arsedness. He may come good in the 2nd half, but right now hes the one name i don't want anywhere near the first 11.

Not been at his best all season, no evidence he will improve. Shame, can do so much more.
He's still got the best touch, I think of all the squad. Foden comes close, but there's not been much else from Riyad this season. That pass from Kev yesterday that put him in on goal was a chance, and he had the space and time. to come onto his left and curl it into the top left corner. And, of course, the miss was compounded 'cos the Seagulls fucked up the other end and shat on us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.