26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve said it for as long as I can remember that he plays in moments. If he is scoring 20+ goals a season, it’s very hard to criticise him (ive tried, other BlueMooners won’t have it). Take away his goals and he offers very little to this side. I’m 42, not kicked a ball in anger for a decade but you know what…I could stand out wide and pass the ball to Kyle Walker.

You only have to look at Bernies 2nd half performance out wide and it’s chalk and cheese.

He has his moments and his quality shows in certain matches (especially in Europe) but he doesn't seem to be in form right now. Alvarez deserves to play over him at the moment.

As others say he’s too passive. Too many times he’s just cutting back and laying the ball off. I think Pep doesn’t like his players losing the ball but he could do a bit more.

Still it’s going to be a long season and hopefully he will return to his best form. Tends to do well in Champs League so perhaps he’s saving himself for that!

Love the guy but his pace has tailed off.. bernardo seems faster and takes more defenders on.

Mahrez might have a future in the City midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.