26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dislike how Mahrez gets slated and Grealish doesn't when he doesn't put up anywhere near the numbers Mahrez does for us.

No matter if Mahrez is going through a bad patch or not, he always contributes with goals and assists. The lad has to be the most underrated player in the Premier League.

Reading some of the comments on here or Twitter you'd never guess he was the player who single handedly won Leicester City a League Title.

Top player. We need to get behind him.
That's because he didn't.

Dislike how Mahrez gets slated and Grealish doesn't when he doesn't put up anywhere near the numbers Mahrez does for us.

No matter if Mahrez is going through a bad patch or not, he always contributes with goals and assists. The lad has to be the most underrated player in the Premier League.

Reading some of the comments on here or Twitter you'd never guess he was the player who single handedly won Leicester City a League Title.

Top player. We need to get behind him.
That is just complete nonsense isn't it. Hes scored 1 goal this season in a 4-0 easy win. A bad patch for Mahrez is like playing with 10 men and its back fired on us. Never mind the penalty misses recently.

Why on earth are you going back 7yrs to talk about his contribution to a title win to try and justify his place in this squad.

That is just complete nonsense isn't it. Hes scored 1 goal this season in a 4-0 easy win. A bad patch for Mahrez is like playing with 10 men and its back fired on us. Never mind the penalty misses recently.

Why on earth are you going back 7yrs to talk about his contribution to a title win to try and justify his place in this squad.
How about the fact he was top scorer last season and has played a key role in our last 2 prem titles and getting to a champions league final. Is that enough justification?

Last edited:
How about the fact he was top scorer last season and has played a key role in our last 2 prem titles and getting to a champions league final. Is that enough justification?
Yes that is. That's my point, why talk about something 7yrs ago when you can go back 12mths. Doesn't change this season but hes got enough good will to get past it.

Haha! How can Grealish be overrated when his thread is full of clowns like the one you’re replying to telling us he’s shit on a daily basis.
Unfortunately, he's on his way to it Phil. Jack needs to up his City game significantly if he's ever going to get near to the level of expectation of a 100m player.

The ridiculous fee paid by the club will always be a millstone around his neck. It reached 'Gazza style' media frenzy the day he signed for us.

Yes that is. That's my point, why talk about something 7yrs ago when you can go back 12mths. Doesn't change this season but hes got enough good will to get past it.

If he'd had one or two bad games, it would be acceptable, but he's been average to poor every time he's played this season.

He's been living on 'goodwill' since he signed his new contract. He's turned into a blocker imo, stealing chances from academy prospects.

I would, quite happily!

I've been called far worse in my life.

Sticks and stones and all that... You don't honestly think multi millionaire footballers with long term contracts give a shit about what a few people call them on a fan site, do you?

It's healthy sarcastic banter. It's in the British psyche and it will never change, regardless of what some members of the terminally offended society may think.
That Champions League advert where the players have computer generated scars on their skin that figuratively show that online abuse can scar, makes me smirk.

These soft arse footballers want to work in shit schools in rough areas for a few terms and they’ll pretty much find any online abuse they get after a football game is like wind off a fly’s bollocks… and some staff at these schools work there for their entire 40 year careers!

Mahrez will find his firm again. He came back from the Summer overweight (for him) and I think he had this removed from his head:
5DA0835D-0B74-4186-BF16-1D4150235AA6.jpeg

Once he gets fit he’ll be banging in the goals like usual.

I think you can see the chubbiness (for him) in his face here:
D554CEF7-49F7-414D-A51B-7D6410DE4996.jpeg
(and other pictures this season)

Compared to here:
22C6A8FD-B954-4B64-9B89-F6F3D3B757D8.jpeg
(and other pictures from previous seasons)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.