26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is just complete nonsense isn't it. Hes scored 1 goal this season in a 4-0 easy win. A bad patch for Mahrez is like playing with 10 men and its back fired on us. Never mind the penalty misses recently.

Why on earth are you going back 7yrs to talk about his contribution to a title win to try and justify his place in this squad.
He's actually scored 3 in all competitions. He is a quality player, especially when you've watched Michael Frontzeck and Ged Brannan.

All I'm debating is why Jack Grealish seems to escape criticism when Riyad Mahrez contributes so much more than him. We listened to all the Mahrez slander last season on forums and on radio phone ins - in a season where he had scored 24 goals in 47 appearances with 9 assists registered. Staggering really.
When has Grealish had those types of numbers for us? He cost 40 million more than Mahrez and is on a significantly higher salary! Even in his first season for the club he was scoring goals at Brighton away to win us the title.
Last season we listened to people on social media tell us that Ferran Torres was a far better player than Mahrez. Not in the same class.

I like Grealish, he's a nice lad and a quality player but some fans have their scapegoats.

Last edited:
He's actually scored 3 in all competitions. He is a quality player, especially when you've watched Michael Frontzeck and Ged Brannan.

All I'm debating is why Jack Grealish seems to escape criticism when Riyad Mahrez contributes so much more than him. We listened to all the Mahrez slander last season on here and on radio phone ins in a season when he had scored 24 goals in 47 appearances with 9 assists registered. When has Grealish had those types of numbers for us? He cost us 40 million more than Mahrez and earns significantly more! Even in his first season for the club he was scoring goals at Brighton away to win us the title.

I like Grealish, he's a nice lad and a quality player but some fans have their scapegoats.
What fucking planet are you on in which Grealish escapes criticism?

What fucking planet are you on in which Grealish escapes criticism?
He doesn't get the same criticism from the City fans. His critics are more from outside of the club.

Jack Grealish deserves to be criticised for his performances. He cost a fuck ton of money and hasn't lived up to the expectations. Only god knows how Riyad Mahrez can still be heavily criticised when he was producing numbers just below Salah and Son. Mental really.

He doesn't get the same criticism from the City fans. His critics are from outside of the club.
Yeah, you might want to check his thread out. Granted those slagging him have the mental capacity of hedgehogs but it’s all there to read.

He doesn't get the same criticism from the City fans. His critics are more from outside of the club.

Jack Grealish deserves to be criticised for his performances. He cost a fuck ton of money and hasn't lived up to the expectations. Only god knows how Riyad Mahrez can still be heavily criticised when he was producing numbers just below Salah and Son. Mental really.
Although I'm not a fan of the Mahrez criticism most of the time, the idea that Grealish (with a thread that is four times larger than Mahrez's containing posts of mostly City fans) somehow escapes criticism from fellow blues is way off the mark.

All I'm debating is why Jack Grealish seems to escape criticism when Riyad Mahrez contributes so much more than him. We listened to all the Mahrez slander last season on forums and on radio phone ins - in a season where he had scored 24 goals in 47 appearances with 9 assists registered. Staggering really.
When has Grealish had those types of numbers for us? He cost 40 million more than Mahrez and is on a significantly higher salary! Even in his first season for the club he was scoring goals at Brighton away to win us the title.
Last season we listened to people on social media tell us that Ferran Torres was a far better player than Mahrez. Not in the same class.

Are you joking, Grealish is not escaping any criticism. Forums, newspapers and social media is full of abuse and taking the piss out of the lad. Grealish is getting pelters internationally because of the fee and his so called "poor" performances.

No one outside of City gives a shit about Mahrez. Everyone cares about Grealish.

Grealish has never registered those numbers at any point of his career, Mahrez did at Leicester which is why we bought him. So to expect Grealish to all of a sudden score 20 a season is ridiculous.

Grealish also scored a very important goal away at West Ham last year to get us a point, Mahrez in fact missed a penalty that would have all but secured the title in the same game. If you really want to go down that route.

Utterly useless. I'd almost forgot he was playing until he started being his useless self. Seriously he should be nowhere near our team.

Another absolute magnificent performance. With this guys talent he only needs a second to affect the course of a game.
Palmer won’t play in that position whilst Mahrez is in such wonderful form.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.