26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of his attacking play was excellent,the goal and the 'assist' awesome,but once again.....his shitting out of a challenge caused us the occasional headache.

Love you Bill, this is one of the only subjects we have severe disagreements about but I’ve had a very successful night tonight (not City related) so take care and I’m sure we will be at each other the next game Jack doesn’t do the business: :-)
Congratulations on your success.
Jack was different tonight, he had a few shots and was more involved, he was unlucky not to score.
I hope he can play like that more often. That's all I've ever wanted from him.

Mahrez is probably one of the most frustrating players we've ever had. No-one who knows anything about football could possibly deny that he is extremely skilful. A player who hasn't got half his skills, you don't set the bar so high. When Mahrez is on it, he is really, really good. He had a fine season us last year, incidentally. I'd just like to see him turn up as he did last night more often.

I personally think he and Cole should have switched positions and it would have benefitted both of them.

Mahrez might benefit from playing centrally more off the striker, he had good spells as a 10 at Leicester, and I think his current style is more suited to that.

Completely agree. Furthermore, as I remember it, when he played us off the park in 2016, that's approximately where he was playing.
Problem is, we've got some rather good no 10s.

What a skilful player he is, but he is possibly reaching the end of his time with us. Appreciate him while he is here because he has been a game-changer for us, many times.
That 'while he is here' is until the end of 24/25 season, because he has just signed a two-year contract extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.