#27 | João Cancelo - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly enough he made more tackles and interceptions than any other City player.

He's really, really, good for us defensively high up. But once it comes down to being a regular fullback at the back he can be inconsistent. He does a lot of good defending in those areas too, but he makes the odd weird decision (or three).

Idk which goal is more frustrating to watch back.. the second where he just lets kane run in behind laporte or the third where he lets kulu on to the only foot he knows how to use and have all day to pick out a cross to Kane. Dreadful.

Do we lose some attacking potency with Zinchenko? maybe, but I still feel FAR safer with him back there than Cancelo.

Pre-match I was one of a very small number that wanted zinchenko in for cancelo today, felt his tendency to give the ball away in dangerous positions and his attacking intent would cost us with nobody mobile enough in midfield to cover him from counters, and that proved the case. I don't blame really blame cancelo, he played the game Pep asked him to, his game makes it virtually impossible not to give it away at some point it's peps fault for not giving their counter threat more respect and getting the steadier zinchenko in instead. Cancelo was one of our best threats and whilst he was caught out, he's largely done his job today.

Along with Sterling was our best player in the 1st half. Didn’t cover himself in glory for the 2nd or 3rd goals but then neither did Walker. It’s the same as always on here though, Walker gets a pass as “one of his brain-fart games”. Cancelo who has been unreal all season gets torn to shreds and is a terrible defender.

Great as an attacker but he can't defend at all.

Never tracks runners and doesn't stop crosses.

Since we're rarely under pressure like Spurs did today then his lack of defensive skills don't get highlighted.

Lovely player but when we play teams with a huge transition threat, Zinchenko is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.