#27 | João Cancelo - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on his recent performances - can be summed up as follows:

Either flank going forward he is fantastic.
Left back- seems to have a better handle on defending for some reason.
Right back defensively he seems weaker and his positional play is very bad. -

This is odd because right back is his natural position, perhaps he is a little more conservative when on the left. I don't know but last night it wasn't Zinny coming on that left us disorganised at the back it was more Cancelo going over to the right - weird.

Finally he can be a little maverick at times but over a season you see far more good than bad. In really big games I feel better when he plays on the left. Problem is now Walker will be out we have little or no choice in that regard.

He had needed a rest for weeks mentally burned out with injuries he had to play to many games. Pep had to sub him when 1 up to bring freshness on the wing.

He had needed a rest for weeks mentally burned out with injuries he had to play to many games. Pep had to sub him when 1 up to bring freshness on the wing.
Same thing last season, it's an issue not sure with him or the lack of quality backups to give him time to recover.

Seems like it's always one good game and one bad for him. Miles off the standard walker has set for me.

I reckon it's seasonal affective disorder (SAD), was brilliant in the winter, come spring his form has fallen off a cliff. Must be the only Portuguese person who dislikes the better Mancunian weather!

Vastly over rated player who cannot defend for toffee.
Been dreadful in recent weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.