#27 | João Cancelo - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't his best game but to be fair he is mentally tired and especially having to cover for Walker's injury. Don't forget he was on the shortlist of becoming Premier League player of the year so he must of be doing something correct.

started the season strong but regressed a bit on the last two months or so. concentration and defensive awareness are still an issue. With his mental lapses i think pep should stick him to only one position, be it lb or rb

Pep was trying hard to make him be a defender in the latter stages of the game, even to the point of hauling Fernandinho and Bernardo to the touch line to talk to him in Portuguese!!!

He is one of those players who frustrates, frustrates, frustrates, then AMAZES you! Then, he goes back to frustrating you again!! 8-)

Right back is his best position for me, and given the age profile of Walker, I’d expect Cancelo to start relieving Walker in a game here and there, allowing Zinchenko, Ake or A.N. Other to get a game at LB.

Im not sure if he is a frustrated 7, 8, or 10, but I do know he doesn’t want to be a 2 or a 3 all game!

He looks excitable and makes rash decisions. Alongside Laporte it’s a car wreck. He offers a ton of potential in opposition territory but a defensive full back he ain’t…Zinchenko after a couple of rusty games came good yesterday.

Thank fuck we won because that performance, especially first half, required investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.