27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

I think those are the 3 best Center mids
Kalvin-phillips GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Feel a little for him. He’s come into the midfield when we’re actually short of de Bruyne, Kovacic, Grealish, and now Bernardo, so there’s more playing time but also more expectation. You could make a case to say that he might not start if those players are available, yet my point is that without them it’s harder to learn the rhythm and patterns of our play. Looks a promising player in terms of technique, pace, and range, but we might not see the very best of him until later in the season.

Another who can slot in next to Rodri and allow Rodri to be more influential in the attacking phase, where he's incredibly good as shown with numerous goals in recent games.

With time, they'll gel in terms of being there to deal with counter attacks better - which we were weak on yesterday.

He's got so much to his game he could be moulded into anything, and under Pep he'll become an exceptional player.

Got to be honest,i knew very little about him.

He is far better than i could have imagined,and a genuine alternative/or partner to Rodri when required.Both can cover the defensive or attacking duties accordingly.

Great signing,add Kova into the mix and we are golden.

Got to be honest,i knew very little about him.

He is far better than i could have imagined,and a genuine alternative/or partner to Rodri when required.Both can cover the defensive or attacking duties accordingly.

Great signing,add Kova into the mix and we are golden.
He’s got a great engine on him and he covers an incredible amount of ground.

He got into some great positions last night but then looked a bit unsure as to what to do with it once he got there - that will come though once he gets more comfortable with how we play and the players around him.

For the money he looks very promising.

Brings serious energy to the midfield. Tidy yesterday, obviously plenty more to come from him. Has all the raw attributes and pep and teach everything else.

Depending on where pep wants to use him more, if he's more in the 8 role he needs to add goals/assists to his game, we need that extra midfield threat some somewhere with gundo's departure. if he's going to play a bit deeper more often he just needs to watch rodri and copy him as much as possible, not as strong as rodri but more mobile, got what he needs to be a capable fill in for the master.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.