27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

No but I’ve watched Nunes for City this season.
Yet you compared him to a player who plays a completely different role to him? If you actually had an understanding of our youth players there was a few you could have said could have stepped up to save us the Nunes fee, but you you chose the last youth player to get minutes in a cup game. A player who plays a completely different role to nunes. Just comes across as another negative on a player without any substance

As an aside I think Nunes is struggling, but he shows sparks of real talent, I think he will get there personally

Yet you compared him to a player who plays a completely different role to him? If you actually had an understanding of our youth players there was a few you could have said could have stepped up to save us the Nunes fee, but you you chose the last youth player to get minutes in a cup game. A player who plays a completely different role to nunes. Just comes across as another negative on a player without any substance

As an aside I think Nunes is struggling, but he shows sparks of real talent, I think he will get there personally
It was a passive comment about giving an academy player a chance rather than spending 50m on someone who looks miles off the level required… I was there in 99 at Wembley and watched many of players over the years. Nunes is for me showing nothing more than that what an academy plays could show was my comment.

This is 100%

I think Nunes will be class, the "sparks of real talent" reminds me of Yaya Toure.

It was a passive comment about giving an academy player a chance rather than spending 50m on someone who looks miles off the level required… I was there in 99 at Wembley and watched many of players over the years. Nunes is for me showing nothing more than that what an academy plays could show was my comment.
No problem i assumed because you made a direct comparison to Jacob Wright being a better option than Nunes that was what you meant. Your point might have held more stead if you'd suggested a player who could actually challenge Nunes for his minutes, instead you named a player who couldn't be more opposite as a midfielder in Jacob Wright who's strengths are in his breaking up of play, and destructiveness, as opposed to Nunes who is a player we want to keep the ball and find intricate passes, knitting midfield to attack.

No idea what you being there in 99 has to do with it? I was too, and 98 and 97 and 96 etc etc. Just like loads on bluemoon.

So Nunes should have flown in on the known lunatic Pickford who wouldn't have thought twice about breaking his leg. Fucking lunatics in here.
He bottled it, he had plenty of time to get the ball, knock it over or past Pickford and then take evasive action if needed.

Pickford touches him and it's a red card. He actually slows down and then runs out of the line of the ball away from the tackle.

Name me another City player who would have bottled that?

Here he is JewelZee the Nunes number one flag shagger . Nunes was awful today and that unbalanced and effected the teams performance. Pep was fuming with his performance , he lacked the class needed enter KDB and City suddenly on another level . He fucking blew it mate just hold your hands up ! Pep is ruthless he will only persevere so much with a player then he is gone . Nunes will NOT get many more chances after today’s no show on the big stage !
Here he is JewelZee, the moderate, not a clapper, not a flapper, and definitely not a slagger...you're a slagger, defined as someone who goes to negative extremes on a specific City player you obviously don't rate and looks to go in ruthlessly and irrationally at every opportunity. I'm not the one taking extreme positions on our players that lack an ounce of objectivity. I won't lie, not a fan of Blues who get their rocks off on slagging off any of our players. What's "unbalanced" is your takes on this player.

And please don't intimate that you're on any type of wavelength with Pep. Let's at least keep something real...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.