27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny barnet but looks like a tidy player, a combative playmaker is what I'd describe him as.

Vs Redstar, he played double-pivot with Rodri but drifted around the pitch too much (sometimes on the wings) needs to not follow the ball and hold his position. If he's playing double 10 like vs W'Ham he'll have to improve G/A + overall creativity. Kovacic a better fit for now, Nunes needs time.
I'm not sure that's what he was brought in for. I think they're looking at having someone who can be disruptive as a 6 - but in possession can move up into that 8 position, interact with the strikers and the wingers, but be a credible attacking threat himself on account of his ball carrying rather than his passing.

So I think what you saw as indiscipline I thought was the plan.

Overall I think we're in a really interesting transition, with more players in the team now who can take people on and be direct. Him, Doku, Foden etc.

Needs to improve physical strength, lost ball number of times due to that.

But in overall, very promising player, fantastic movement during the second goal..

Fitting in well, not standing out but not looking out of place either. Which is impressive given we probably didn't anticipate throwing him in as much so early. His energy and mobility will be an asset, every confidence he will turn into a superb all rounder for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.