27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nunes hardly played any football last season.

He then didn’t play for Portugal in the Euros, just a squad member.

So why would you not want to be on this US tour where you get more time to work with Pep and show him what you can do?

I know he will be told to rest, recharge, but at the end of the day if it was me I’d think, right I’ve worked so hard to get to this stage. It’s not gone how I wanted. I feel fresh. I’ll just have 2 weeks with family and friends then go back early so I can get on this US tour and put myself front and centre in Peps thoughts?

Football is a short career and the only way it will go if you leave us is south.

For me he’s missed a huge chance.
Maybe he been told to go away on holiday and come back refreshed?

Phillips I understand the upset, he is simply not good enough, Nunes has something, he is clearly talented, he does not look out of place.

He has something we don't have, a player with pace and the ability to take the ball up the field quickly.
Happens every year. Same folk saying we’ve signed a dud then they hit the second year and woooosh. Phillips is a very rare exception

Yes, has has missed a chance.

As you put, it’s a guideline. We all understand in general 3 weeks is a good idea. However, read my post again and you’ll see why for him I personally think he’s missed a trick.

So you then think if he played in the US tour he’d be penalised or something? Ha.
I have no idea if there is a punishment for breaking the guidelines. The lad will be following what City and FiFPro have told him. No need to bash him over that.

Yes, has has missed a chance.

As you put, it’s a guideline. We all understand in general 3 weeks is a good idea. However, read my post again and you’ll see why for him I personally think he’s missed a trick.

So you then think if he played in the US tour he’d be penalised or something? Ha.
He could be away doing the same as jack with personal trainers etc. Don't think fifa rules you working out on personal time

I have no idea if there is a punishment for breaking the guidelines. The lad will be following what City and FiFPro have told him. No need to bash him over that.

I know you have no idea.

Dunno why you posted what you did.

He’s not an 8 year old boy. Telling me what a union has recommended for him wasn't what my post was about. It was about sometimes grabbing the bull by the horns and doing things your way.

He will definitely have been told to rest. Will that be the right thing to have done for 3 weeks… time will tell.

Happens every year. Same folk saying we’ve signed a dud then they hit the second year and woooosh. Phillips is a very rare exception
I wouldn't write him off yet. Phillips might still have something up his sleeve, and yes I know he's probably hiding a steak bake up his sleeve but I'm sure there's some thing else there.

Gundo has joined up with Barcelona. Germany were knocked out quarters, same as Portugal. No reason Nunes, Ruben and even Cancelo couldn’t have joined up this week. Same can be said for KDB and Doku who went out even earlier.
That said, Pep and our medical team know far better than me how much rest our lads need so I’ll keep my trap shut. Purely pointing out that there doesn’t appear to be a FIFA rule that stops them joining up if Gundo has done exactly that.

I know you have no idea.

Dunno why you posted what you did.

He’s not an 8 year old boy. Telling me what a union has recommended for him wasn't what my post was about. It was about sometimes grabbing the bull by the horns and doing things your way.

He will definitely have been told to rest. Will that be the right thing to have done for 3 weeks… time will tell.
I dont know why your bashing a lad for following guidelines set by the club that employs him and the union he is part of, but here we are.

"grabbing the bull by the horns"

What an embarassing comment to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.