27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
For now I like him, he brings a dynamism we haven't had in midfield for a long time.

Needs to cool it a bit at the last moments though otherwise it'll start to become frustrating, maybe he's trying a bit too hard. Should have a couple of goals already.
Dynamism ?

I didnt see all of the game , is he showing signs like the ratface rag ? not good if so , get on it pep . He is finding his feet but he cant be acting like that

Paqueta clearly was the man wanted and if he is cleared I still think he will be signed this coming window, but Nunes is a quality player with huge potential.

A certain Kalvin Phillips is given 18 months of excuses , yet Nunes is crap after a couple of weeks.

Nunes has pace, scoring ability, creative and box to box, he just need discipline and the attitude taking out of him and Pep will do just that.
His stats at Wolves and even before would largely indicate otherwise ...

I like him. Needs more time and to me it seems he needs some encouragement to be more confident closer to the box or to goal. I think he is able to offer much more than he does right now.

When we assess him, we should be honest about what we want. Often we say the ball circulation from left to right and back again is a bit boring and without any effect.
He - to me - seems to be a player who wants to play much sharper in any single action, more risk, more chances. We know that from Kev, who is allowed to take risks to have all his assists but we also know how often he has lost the ball in critical positions.

Pep certainly does see his strengths and I hope Nunes over time will get more freedom going forward, similar to Kev.

Also, Kev often is grumpy and also waves with his hands if the pass doesn't come in a great position.
Nunes was nearly through on the right wing but Doku didn't play into open space - I was shouting as well...
Calm down about that attitude thing, there isn't much in that IMO.

I hope Pep talks him up (Pep did post YB) as I see a really good midfielder in him. Hope he scores soon, will certainly give him the lift he needs.

I can see potential in him. Always looking for the ball and good at finding space. Just needs to learn patience and our pattern of play.

Once he does that, his passing stats will improve.

was sloppy at times last night but also showed some really good touches, turns in tight spaces and nice passing but also came across very dare i say Cancelo like at times with his attitude?

He certainly has ability but he hasn't really found his feet with us yet, but it's not like he's had a great deal of consistent playing time since he joined, plus the season has been a bit stuck and start with international breaks since he joined, so I don't think anybody should be negative towards him.

Way too early to be making any judgement on him but I reckon there's a very good player in there once he gets used to being here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.